I Found This Tonight

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I’ve had one of those in my car for months. I’m pumped for when RDO (Real Delivery Order) gets taken out of the system. Apparently we’re also getting audio turn by turn directions based off of Orion. Just making it easier to fire us and have scabs run the routes.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’ve had one of those in my car for months. I’m pumped for when RDO (Real Delivery Order) gets taken out of the system. Apparently we’re also getting audio turn by turn directions based off of Orion. Just making it easier to fire us and have scabs run the routes.
This will be one of Ups's stupidest decisions. I will be 100% compliant and they will have to either send help every day, or have service failures.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That's the (almost) newest version of the telematics unit. All will be upgraded eventually to this type. Cellular. The newest is a GO8 and uses some carrier other than Verizon.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
They use this little ass device for telematics but a big old amp looking black box above the bulkhead to operate the key fob lol.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
View attachment 202807 I found this hanging under the left side of my dash. I guess it’s a new tracking device. Center Manager has been telling us lately to get ready to explain why we aren’t driving and delivering. It’s called digging through the load looking for packages.

Maybe this was said earlier but I did not want to read 5 pages

That IS the telematics unit in the picture.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We obviously had this a little while, maybe mine just came loose and fell down. It wasn’t getting in the way previously.

RolloTony Brown Town

DOT hours of service applies to feeder drivers, or you would run a log book and would

have to operate a vehicle over 26,001 lbs.

Package car drivers have a DOT medical card, because you have the potential to

operate a vehicle over 10,001 lbs.

DOT HOS don’t apply to package car drivers? If that was the case then you wouldn’t have to abide by the 10 hour rule, 14 hour rule, 60/7 or 70/8 rule.

You have to abide by hours of service if you operate a commercial motor vehicle that falls under any of the following:

• Weighs 10,001 pounds or more
  • Has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating of 10,001 pounds or more
  • Is designed or used to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) not for compensation
  • Is designed or used to transport 9 or more passengers (including the driver) for compensation
  • Is transporting hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placards
That’s straight from the fmcsa website.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
That's the (almost) newest version of the telematics unit. All will be upgraded eventually to this type. Cellular. The newest is a GO8 and uses some carrier other than Verizon.
Those things talk to me. I’ve been able to ignore them so far, but it’s getting harder, and I can’t wear my foil hat because of the heat.

A good guy

Am I the only one that hardly uses RDO or at least uses a mix of rdo and odo? In rdo delivering to 3 business in one business block, hopping down the street to do 2 apartments then coming back to the SAME business block to deliver the last one in that area? Why not just deliver it all?

Regardless i'll just keep running routes the way im use to until our center falls under the 85% threshold then ill run in order it and be out for an extra two hours.

wayfair

swollen member
Am I the only one that hardly uses RDO or at least uses a mix of rdo and odo? In ODO delivering to 3 business in one business block, hopping down the street to do 2 apartments then coming back to the SAME business block to deliver the last one in that area? Why not just deliver it all?
Fixed it for you

JL 0513

Notice thw update a while back that effected the map printouts they have on driver fallow ups. There's 3 GPS tags. Truck position, scan, and stop complete. Before it didn't show truck position.