I got hired but haven't been put to work??

Deygus

Hi All,

So I am normally a hustle get things done kinda person but, I have a big dilemma..

I got hired as a Part-Time Package Handler|Preloader for the UPS Facility in my area but after several attempts it would seem things are either highly unorganized or just not very busy which is weird because there are still active job postings for my area saying ups is still hiring urgently. I imagined things would be hectic but it's now been a month and I am starting to wonder what happened.

Initially the Interview Process went great.

About a few days later I got a call from a Hiring Manager and she sent me in to start working on a Saturday early am which I had no problem with at all.

However, what happened was I sat around for about 1 hour doing nothing while waiting for a supervisor to give me something to do. Myself and another guy then ended up sitting in the office watching a very long training video or few for the next 2 hours and then we got sent home after the Supervisor or Manager on duty took down our phone numbers saying he would call us and never did.

I tried checking in a few more times including talking to one of the UPS Drivers who gave me a phone number to call but no luck still.

I have also tried calling the Regional Manager after I called HR asking what was going on where I left a message but that didn't get me anywhere either and nobody called back.

They never even paid me for the 3 hours that I was there so that was disappointing too but I don't care about it as much, I was just expecting to have somewhat of a stable job to work on occasionally to help pay my bills at home.

At this point they may as well just fire me because this is not what I was expecting to be put to work here and there but nada and as far as I know I haven't done anything wrong but this is definitely not what I was expecting from UPS as a business.

Have you guys ran into any issues like this?

Special UPS Operator

I am going through something similar.
Hi All,

So I am normally a hustle get things done kinda person but, I have a big dilemma..

I got hired as a Part-Time Package Handler|Preloader for the UPS Facility in my area but after several attempts it would seem things are either highly unorganized or just not very busy which is weird because there are still active job postings for my area saying ups is still hiring urgently. I imagined things would be hectic but it's now been a month and I am starting to wonder what happened.

About a few days later I got a call from a Hiring Manager and she sent me in to start working on a Saturday early am which I had no problem with at all.

However, what happened was I sat around for about 1 hour doing nothing while waiting for a supervisor to give me something to do. Myself and another guy then ended up sitting in the office watching a very long training video or few for the next 2 hours and then we got sent home after the Supervisor or Manager on duty took down our phone numbers saying he would call us and never did.

I tried checking in a few more times including talking to one of the UPS Drivers who gave me a phone number to call but no luck still.

I have also tried calling the Regional Manager after I called HR asking what was going on where I left a message but that didn't get me anywhere either and nobody called back.

They never even paid me for the 3 hours that I was there so that was disappointing too but I don't care about it as much, I was just expecting to have somewhat of a stable job to work on occasionally to help pay my bills at home.

At this point they may as well just fire me because this is not what I was expecting to be put to work here and there but nada and as far as I know I haven't done anything wrong but this is definitely not what I was expecting from UPS as a business.

Heavy Package

Who in their right mind would say something like this? You were called in, reported as directed, and then they try and mess with you. I would contact HR and file a grievance ASAP.

Reallion

Hi All,

I'm going through something similar right now. I was hired on Sept 27, 2018, went to Integrad the week of October 1st and have been sitting since. Every time I call HR they tell me to call the driver supervisor, then he tells me to call the training supervisor, in which he tells me to call the driver supervisor. Doing this several times a day then I call HR and they tell me to call the training supervisor. Seems like a merry-go-round. I have an employee ID hired full time, but sitting for going on 2 weeks now. I don't know what is going on.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm going through something similar right now. I was hired on Sept 27, 2018, went to Integrad the week of October 1st and have been sitting since. Every time I call HR they tell me to call the driver supervisor, then he tells me to call the training supervisor, in which he tells me to call the driver supervisor. Doing this several times a day then I call HR and they tell me to call the training supervisor. Seems like a merry-go-round. I have an employee ID hired full time, but sitting for going on 2 weeks now. I don't know what is going on.
https://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/for-all-new-hires-go-here-on-topic.358996/

deb_27

Was hired as a drivers helper Thursday and was told to wait for a link in my email for training and didn’t receive one it’s now Monday

Estesmtn

Sounds like the norm for hapening here too. Finished integrad and when asked about Monday nobody has an answer. Just wait for a call they said. Unsure if call will come sat sun or monday 30 min before suppose to be in. **shrugs**

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sounds like the norm for hapening here too. Finished integrad and when asked about Monday nobody has an answer. Just wait for a call they said. Unsure if call will come sat sun or monday 30 min before suppose to be in. **shrugs**

Show up 30 minutes before start time be annoying as possible eventually they’ll give you something to do

Estesmtn

Show up 30 minutes before start time be annoying as possible eventually they’ll give you something to do

Funny thing is they never even told us when the start time is. From watching when drivers show up seems like it is around 9am. Not sure i want to be the annoying person but rather energetic seasonal person.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Funny thing is they never even told us when the start time is. From watching when drivers show up seems like it is around 9am. Not sure i want to be the annoying person but rather energetic seasonal person.

Ask a whole bunch of dumb questions

That’ll gett’em to put you in a trailer so they don’t have to listen to you

Estesmtn

Ask a whole bunch of dumb questions

That’ll gett’em to put you in a trailer so they don’t have to listen to you

Hopefully the cargo will be some water and seasonal fruitcakes. That way when they lock me in and ship me to alaska I'll have some food, and promptly get fired for opening a package.