I got into my first fender bender with a parked car, whats to follow?

McFeely

Huge Member
Some 700s and 900s technically *have* AC, but doubtful that they work.
The 650 has the model name Isuzu Reach. They have AC but almost every single one’s needs something to get it actually working. I’ve been writing my AC up for the last 6+ summers and I finally have it working. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Buhryein

For express when I was In NY the only trucks we had with AC were the econolines when in Florida all of our trucks have A/C (some work better than others though lol)

DeliveryException

At my station in Texas all of ours have A/C. Now I haven't been in all to see if they work but most seem to work. We have Sprinters, Reaches, a dozen or so 900s, a single 700(only a year or 2 old), Econoline and GMC vans as well as some of the tiny Ford Transits for FO. Also a ton of rentals that are mostly Dodge Ram vans and the Sprinter sized Ford Transits.

falcon back

That's a bit of misleading accounting BS that has always irked me.

They take the total expense of all incidents, accidents, etc. and divide it by the number of events. That sounds good, but it also includes the salaries of the safety guys and others. Those explenses/salaries make up a large chunk of the total expense and are static regardless of the number of events and the amount of damage.

It doesn't matter in the long run but it's a pet peeve.
Don't you have anything else to worry about? How else can you put a price on actions that happen multiple times? You have to take the total cost and divide by incidents. Of course you must include all the people that get involved with the accident. Mechanics, safety, legal, station management, risk management costs are all involved in most accidents. Do you have any idea how DGO works?

FedexCares

I swear multiple people told me the dot trucks had a/c. Im not sure if I have ever heard them referred to as Reach's either. Are there any other dot trucks in the fleet other then the Reach that might have a/c?
My reach had AC and it was ice cold. In the summer I would see the UPS guy sweating like a dog and my shirt was bone dry. It was glorious.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Don't you have anything else to worry about? How else can you put a price on actions that happen multiple times? You have to take the total cost and divide by incidents. Of course you must include all the people that get involved with the accident. Mechanics, safety, legal, station management, risk management costs are all involved in most accidents. Do you have any idea how DGO works?
You don't include fixed costs that don't increase/decreases with additional/fewer incidents. To say that it will cost the company $18,000 (or whatever the number is this week) the next time a courier backs into something and does $100 in damage is just silly. No one in his right mind would consider anything other than marginal costs.

falcon back

You don't include fixed costs that don't increase/decreases with additional/fewer incidents. To say that it will cost the company $18,000 (or whatever the number is this week) the next time a courier backs into something and does $100 in damage is just silly. No one in his right mind would consider anything other than marginal costs.
Tell your story to those in training, legal, risk management and maintenance, You don't have to convince me, I am retired. I enjoy reading your theories on how DGO works. Most are way off but you do try your best and that's all that counts.

59 Dano

Tell your story to those in training, legal, risk management and maintenance,
They probably already know the difference between marginal and fixed costs.

I'd love to hear you explain how the next incident that does $400 in damage costs the company an additional $18,000.
You don't have to convince me, I am
not much brighter than bacha when it comes to these things.

falcon back

They probably already know the difference between marginal and fixed costs.

I'd love to hear you explain how the next incident that does $400 in damage costs the company an additional $18,000.

not much brighter than bacha when it comes to these things.
I never posted what an accident cost, just repeated what safety taught us during training. Either way, while you go to wok each day, I am still retired and most likely bringing in a bigger check than you. Sweet

59 Dano

I never posted what an accident cost, just repeated what safety taught us during training. Either way, while you go to wok each day, I am still retired and most likely bringing in a bigger check than you. Sweet
So your answer is "I dunno, I'm just puppeting what I've heard and I'm retired and I make more money than everyone, DERP DERP."
Funny how you always revert to something silly like that when called out on anything, just like that more famous buffoon, Can Newton.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So your answer is "I dunno, I'm just puppeting what I've heard and I'm retired and I make more money than everyone, DERP DERP."
Funny how you always revert to something silly like that when called out on anything, just like that more famous buffoon, Can Newton.
It's Can't Newton now that New England cut him.

falcon back

You can't call me out on anything about the cost associated with accidents. I never posted any numbers, just what I was told. Unlike you, I had a bunch of years in DGO and was in many training classes during that time. If a person told me something during that class, I tended to believe them because I had no reason to doubt them. You insist on trying to share DGO policy and time and time again, you have been proven to not have any idea what happens at a station. If someone has a question about corporate, you can chime in then.

59 Dano

You can't call me out on anything about the cost associated with accidents. I never posted any numbers, just what I was told. Unlike you, I had a bunch of years in DGO and was in many training classes during that time. If a person told me something during that class, I tended to believe them because I had no reason to doubt them. You insist on trying to share DGO policy and time and time again, you have been proven to not have any idea what happens at a station.
Alrighty then, provide 3 examples.

Unless, of course, it's not worth your time to talk about something that you talk about all the time. Or it's just something you heard. Or whatever excuse you come up with this time :D