I just applied for a PT package handler position

km3

That does worry me a little. I've had office jobs for years. It's been a while since I've done manual labor. But I am just going to do what I can to stick with my plan. Who knows, I may be able to last longer than a few weeks.

I wanted to quit every single day my first three weeks. Now there isn't a job in the building that intimidates me. No matter how bad it seems at first, you get used to it, and it does get better.

MiiMee

correct you are for grammar the correctness you use. thank you helping me for grammar usage the! great day have you!

Well it wasn't really spelling. You were using the wrong word.

I can understand with your weight problems that loose wouldn't be a word you are familiar with.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thank you so much for your very thorough answers! You covered everything.

1) most people who work for UPS loose weight really fast due to the physical activity. I've seen that for myself. I've also read several employee reviews stating that was the only positive thing about working for UPS. So yes, my reason for applying was to loose some weight. Thanks!

2) Thanks!

3) I have had jobs in the past that would not allow you to wear nail polish but it has been a while. Thanks!

4) This is really good to know. Thank you so much!

*** Thank you for suggesting that I change my name.
most of those people don't last that long

MiiMee

I worked at Target (3rd shift) while I was in undergrad school and we had to unload like 2-3 semi trucks at the beginning of the shift before stocking the shelves. Is it anything like that?

2-3 (
ups is nothing like you have ever done trust me.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Thanks! Too bad I can't drown the harassers' out with my headphones. I'd have to wait a year for healthcare???? OMGoodness that sucks. I don't mind going home early. I'd actually prefer it.
You should be able to have one earbud in while you work.

Lil quip, a guy started a few years ago loading trailers. Overweight and low production #'s, somehow made his 30 days though. Almost everyone hated him especially management, always were looking for reasons to fire him. He stuck it out and kept a good attitude, Fast forward a couple years and the guy is one of the best workers on that sort. Lost a helluva lotta weight too, which was one of the reasons he took the job in the first place.
Anyways, I say give it a shot! Once/if you do get the benefits, they're second to none. And if the schedule works with your life it's a win win

Jkloc420

I worked at Target (3rd shift) while I was in undergrad school and we had to unload like 2-3 semi trucks at the beginning of the shift before stocking the shelves. Is it anything like that?

2-3 (
Ups is more like a 8 hour shift job crammed down to 3 and a half hours. Not saying you can't do it but it nothing like you have seen trust me.

MiiMee

I've personally known several people who worked at UPS and lost between 30 and 80lbs in no time. Also, there are several reviews in glassdoor, indeed and other outlets that state they lost a tremendous amount of weight so I think I am going to stick with my initial plan to continue to go through the application process.

also you may or may not lose weight, it depends on your body. usually people just stay at or around the weight they r when they start

Mr. Sir

Box slinger

2-3 (
Ah I remember my " brief " 3rd shift days at target years ago lol....no cuz you don't have sups yelling at you to pick up your already fast pace, you don't have 5 other people in the trailer helping you out, the incomparison list goes on and on...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
most of those people don't last that long
I can't say I ever saw a person make it that was TRYING or HOPING to stick around.

There can't be a shred of doubt. They would of had to drag me out of that place before I was going to quit. I worked from 4pm til about 8:30 am most days between my two jobs.

Jkloc420

I've personally known several people who worked at UPS and lost between 30 and 80lbs in no time. Also, there are several reviews in glassdoor, indeed and other outlets that state they lost a tremendous amount of weight so I think I am going to stick with my initial plan to continue to go through the application process.
I've been here 15 years and some lose weight and some don't, some even gain. Eventually your body adapts to the job and the weight don't come off

MiiMee

Thanks! That's what I'm ng for. I've read all of the reviews calling the job slave, etc. labor, etc. I've had jobs like that in the past. I may be slow for a few days but I will speed up really fast. I always go beyond the expectations.

You should be able to have one earbud in while you work.

Lil quip, a guy started a few years ago loading trailers. Overweight and low production #'s, somehow made his 30 days though. Almost everyone hated him especially management, always were looking for reasons to fire him. He stuck it out and kept a good attitude, Fast forward a couple years and the guy is one of the best workers on that sort. Lost a helluva lotta weight too, which was one of the reasons he took the job in the first place.
Anyways, I say give it a shot! Once/if you do get the benefits, they're second to none. And if the schedule works with your life it's a win win