I just applied for a PT package handler position

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I can't say I ever saw a person make it that was TRYING or HOPING to stick around.

There can't be a shred of doubt. They would of had to drag me out of that place before I was going to quit. I worked from 4pm til about 8:30 am most days between my two jobs.

Ur a feeder driver right

Poop Head

Judge me.
I worked at Target (3rd shift) while I was in undergrad school and we had to unload like 2-3 semi trucks at the beginning of the shift before stocking the shelves. Is it anything like that?

2-3 (
There was a guy who was apperantly the "champion unloader" for a major retail chain. He made it about three weeks, and about half the time he called in "sick". When he was working he always whined about how hard it was. Also, he sucked.

MiiMee

I don't think I was the star of the unload line at target. But I do think that have realistic expectations of the work at UPS. The boxes are heavy (30-70lbs) and they never stop coming. The line leads, supervisors and managers hate it when they have to stop the line because you can't keep up. is that right?

There was a guy who was apperantly the "champion unloader" for a major retail chain. He made it about three weeks, and about half the time he called in "sick". When he was working he always whined about how hard it was. Also, he sucked.

J

jibbs

Also, he sucked.

Lol, despite parts of our last conversation I'm starting to like you.

I'm not trying to lose weight

I'm really replying to the whole "You'll stay around the same weight" thing, it was just easier for me to quote this post because your last was on a different page.

I started this job weighing ~155lbs in 2012. The only thing about my eating habits that've changed is that I now take daily vitamins and have two double-scoop protein shakes a day. I also weigh 119lbs now (just under 5 years later.)

So, uh, yeah.... PT package handling absolutely will cause you to lose weight, so long as you put the effort in to do the job well. If you're shufflin' around, just there for a paycheck then yeah, you're going to stay where you are-- but if you treat the job like a workout it's one of the better ones you can find.

The only truly overweight guys in my building are in the primary but they seem to big guys in general that have muscle endurance for days, so it only makes sense to put them in that kind of spot if they're willing.

MiiMee

I agree jibbs

I'm really replying to the whole "You'll stay around the same weight" thing, it was just easier for me to quote this post because your last was on a different page.

I started this job weighing ~155lbs in 2012. The only thing about my eating habits that've changed is that I now take daily vitamins and have two double-scoop protein shakes a day. I also weigh 119lbs now (just under 5 years later.)

So, uh, yeah.... PT package handling absolutely will cause you to lose weight, so long as you put the effort in to do the job well. If you're shufflin' around, just there for a paycheck then yeah, you're going to stay where you are-- but if you treat the job like a workout it's one of the better ones you can find.

Jkloc420

i

like I said some do and some don't and some stay where they r. There r people at my place that started at 160 10 years ago and their still 160 now. Some started skinny and now are big.

Jkloc420

The only truly overweight guys in my building are in the primary but they seem to big guys in general that have muscle endurance for days, so it only makes sense to put them in that kind of spot if they're willing.
I'm also guessing ur in the 20-25 age range to

J

jibbs

i

like I said some do and some don't and some stay where they r. There r people at my place that started at 160 10 years ago and their still 160 now. Some started skinny and now are big.

Ahhhh, true, yeah, I didn't read the entire thread. I just saw that someone quoted that part of what you had said a page or two back and hit reply, so it's my fault I missed any other parts of the convo.

I'm also guessing ur in the 20-25 age range to

Close! 25-30.

MiiMee

Oh wow, You're by yourself unloading each truck? I applied for the night shift. Is that unloading the semi trucks or preloading the UPS truck?

Ah I remember my " brief " 3rd shift days at target years ago lol....no cuz you don't have sups yelling at you to pick up your already fast pace, you don't have 5 other people in the trailer helping you out, the incomparison list goes on and on...

Jkloc420

Ahhhh, true, yeah, I didn't read the entire thread. I just saw that someone quoted that part of what you had said a page or two back and hit reply, so it's my fault I missed any other parts of the convo.

Close! 25-30.
Trust me running around at ups trying to be he man don't work, you will eventually learn that the hard way like I did

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
Oh wow, You're by yourself unloading each truck? I applied for the night shift. Is that unloading the semi trucks or preloading the UPS truck?
I'm midnight, loading and unloading the feeders. On a good day you'll get another body for help. But don't be surprised if you're alone in there, I come to work right after I work out at my local gym, so they always put me in one alone...I get what deserved lol.

Last edited:
J

jibbs

I'm a tool and come to work right after I work out at my local gym, so they always put me in one alone...I get what deserved lol.

Nah, that doesn't make you a tool. Being a union employee at UPS does, though.

Respect for fitting in a workout right before a shift of unloading. I have to space mine out about 3-4 hours after I clock out and get some food in me, and I just load so it's not nearly as physically demanding.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Nah, that doesn't make you a tool. Being a union employee at UPS does, though.

Respect for fitting in a workout right before a shift of unloading. I have to space mine out about 3-4 hours after I clock out and get some food in me, and I just load so it's not nearly as physically demanding.
That's cuz you work preload/masochist's shift.

Here they start you out loading. Word of advice: take everything your supervisors tell you with a box of salt. Watch how the experienced workers work, and do what they do

MiiMee

What is a feeder?

I'm midnight, loading and unloading the feeders. On a good day you'll get another body for help. But don't be surprised if you're alone in there, I come to work right after I work out at my local gym, so they always put me in one alone...I get what deserved lol.