I just applied for a PT package handler position

MiiMee

Hi Guys,

I just applied for a part-time package handler position, solely for the purpose of losing weight. The healthcare is just an added bonus. I have a few questions. I chose the night shift. Can I work with a scarf on my head? Are women allowed to wear nail polish? Is there any way to work 3-hour shifts or do you just work until the daily load is complete? Thanks in advance!

km3

1) Whether you'll lose weight or not depends more on your eating habits than your work. I've been here 2 years, didn't change my eating habits, haven't lost a pound...at least not until I started dieting.

2) Yes. I don't know of any policy that would prohibit that unless it was at risk of getting caught in a belt or something.

3) Yes, can't imagine why you would be worried about that. Last job didn't let you polish your nails?

4) This one's a bit hard to answer. At the end of the day it comes down to this: Work as directed. If they keep you 5 hours or more, then too bad. They won't keep everybody around until the job is finished, but they will keep some people. It's supposed to be offered in order of seniority, but usually they keep the most useful people around longer.

Finally, I strongly recommend you change your username if that's your real name.

MiiMee

Ugly? what does weight have to do with looks? I'm gorgeous by the way. I just want my body back. I can work at UPS and basically get paid to lose weight. At least, that's how I'm looking at it.

Thanks for your other two answers.

MiiMee

Thanks for the tip. I changed my suer name.

1) Whether you'll lose weight or not depends more on your eating habits than your work. I've been here 2 years, didn't change my eating habits, haven't lost a pound...at least not until I started dieting.

2) Yes. I don't know of any policy that would prohibit that unless it was at risk of getting caught in a belt or something.

3) Yes, can't imagine why you would be worried about that. Last job didn't let you polish your nails?

4) This one's a bit hard to answer. At the end of the day it comes down to this: Work as directed. If they keep you 5 hours or more, then too bad. They won't keep everybody around until the job is finished, but they will keep some people. It's supposed to be offered in order of seniority, but usually they keep the most useful people around longer.

Finally, I strongly recommend you change your username if that's your real name.

MiiMee

1. Are you that ugly?
2. Sure
3. No. Work til finished.
Ugly? what does weight have to do with looks? I'm gorgeous by the way. I just want my body back. I can work at UPS and basically get paid to lose weight. At least, that's how I'm looking at it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'm gorgeous too :)
IMG_20170420_234646.jpg

Just keep your chin up, expect alot of dirty looks and bordeline sexual harassment. Benefits don't kick in for a year I think. And don't expect to be getting done by a certain time. they might send you early, they might keep you to the end.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What does weight have to do with looks.....LMAO

MiiMee

Thank you so much for your very thorough answers! You covered everything.

1) most people who work for UPS loose weight really fast due to the physical activity. I've seen that for myself. I've also read several employee reviews stating that was the only positive thing about working for UPS. So yes, my reason for applying was to loose some weight. Thanks!

2) Thanks!

3) I have had jobs in the past that would not allow you to wear nail polish but it has been a while. Thanks!

4) This is really good to know. Thank you so much!

*** Thank you for suggesting that I change my name.

teeitupmo

As Mike Tyson once said, "everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

As this relates to UPS...everyone wants the part-time job for the weekly paycheck, the benefits, the physical exercise, education reimbursement....until they get hit with 5000 packages a day!!

I have recommended four people to UPS, and it was them asking about the job, not me recruiting them. They liked all of the above benefits I mention, all of them dropped off in less than a week.

Just saying...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thank you so much for your very thorough answers! You covered everything.

1) most people who work for UPS loose weight really fast due to the physical activity. I've seen that for myself. I've also read several employee reviews stating that was the only positive thing about working for UPS. So yes, my reason for applying was to loose some weight. Thanks!

2) Thanks!

3) I have had jobs in the past that would not allow you to wear nail polish but it has been a while. Thanks!

4) This is really good to know. Thank you so much!

*** Thank you for suggesting that I change my name.
It's lose weight. Not loose.

teeitupmo

I unload five to six trailers a day. Two 53 footers and usually three short trucks.

Each short truck, I was told, usually has 750 to 1000 packages loaded.

The 53 footers, more than double that.

Do the math.

km3

I unload five to six trailers a day. Two 53 footers and usually three short trucks.

Each short truck, I was told, usually has 750 to 1000 packages loaded.

The 53 footers, more than double that.

Do the math.

Spaced out the unload there for a minute. Okay, unload, sort, and pickoff. Still not too bad, though. Use your load stand and drink lots of water.

MiiMee

Thanks! Too bad I can't drown the harassers' out with my headphones. I'd have to wait a year for healthcare???? OMGoodness that sucks. I don't mind going home early. I'd actually prefer it.

I'm gorgeous too :)
View attachment 130339

Just keep your chin up, expect alot of dirty looks and bordeline sexual harassment. Benefits don't kick in for a year I think. And don't expect to be getting done by a certain time. they might send you early, they might keep you to the end.

MiiMee

That does worry me a little. I've had office jobs for years. It's been a while since I've done manual labor. But I am just going to do what I can to stick with my plan. Who knows, I may be able to last longer than a few weeks.

As Mike Tyson once said, "everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

As this relates to UPS...everyone wants the part-time job for the weekly paycheck, the benefits, the physical exercise, education reimbursement....until they get hit with 5000 packages a day!!

I have recommended four people to UPS, and it was them asking about the job, not me recruiting them. They liked all of the above benefits I mention, all of them dropped off in less than a week.

Just saying...