I knew it was only a matter of time.

Slick silver

I know I found out 2 weeks ago at a meeting when the district guy came in. Supposedly it's going to be a 5 to 7%, but we all know that's a long shot

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

I know I found out 2 weeks ago at a meeting when the district guy came in. Supposedly it's going to be a 5 to 7%, but we all know that's a long shot

Sent using BrownCafe App

We're still getting merit based raises up here. Was expecting a raise soon but now I have to wait till October. I'm actually surprised they announced it before SFA. I know a lot of people who aren't impressed about this.

Who am I kidding? They don't care about what we think.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our raises have been delayed till October. Nice to see FedEx is an equal opportunity screwer.

If you add last years 6-month delay to this years 6-month delay, you have a full year without raises, the plan all along. Anyone expecting 5 to 7% needs a straitjacket.

Slick silver

I always wondered, what was it like working for express before ground started. Was raises every year and a good %. Obviously once the economy tanked years back everything got real bad.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

I always wondered, what was it like working for express before ground started. Was raises every year and a good %. Obviously once the economy tanked years back everything got real bad.

Sent using BrownCafe App
It was bad before the economy tanked in 08, and had been going downhill since the mid 90's. that's just the excuse they use to fool new hires.

Keystone

Do the math...if they have delayed pay increases for a year and then decide to give you a raise....divide it by two, then multiply the savings they gathered by withholding the raise and the subtract in the increase for the cost of healthcare....7% divided by two is 3.5x their savings of who knows how much by withholding it this long, minus the increase for healthcare equals.....you decide.....

dezguy

If you add last years 6-month delay to this years 6-month delay, you have a full year without raises, the plan all along. Anyone expecting 5 to 7% needs a straitjacket.

It'll be over a year for me. I was due my raise in a couple of weeks.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The next step's a pay cut. Oh wait we've been going thru that for years now.

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

The next step's a pay cut. Oh wait we've been going thru that for years now.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Personally, I think we're going to see our PB's and floater taken away, followed by a week or two of vacation. After that we'll see pay cuts.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So instead of getting an annual raise, you're getting an annual raise.

No, Dano. The 6-month delay (no raise) plus the new 6-month delay (no raise again) = A full year in which no raises happened at all. In other words, Fred created 12 months of "raise-free" life at FedEx. Maybe you need to have a talk with your keepers.

FedExRookie

I assume it's part of what they told us last march. The raises are moved to march to align on the OPCO's.

It will also align with the slower quarter, which means they can push for lower or no raises. Since all the OPCOS are

He is in Canada

Couriers will be at a year, Handlers will be at 2 years..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Everyone's raises got moved to October.

Why do you suppose that is? They"delayed" the raises 6 months last year, and then "moved" the raises officially to October this year...another 6 month delay. That gives Fred a full year of not giving anyone a raise, except of course, management and pilots. Get with the program....they are screwing you again...as usual. Get it?