I knew it was only a matter of time.

CJinx

According to the same email, the merit increase factors in any money lost between July and October in the October raise. Short term loss, break even in October of next year, long term gain after that.

!Retired!

If you add last years 6-month delay to this years 6-month delay, you have a full year without raises, the plan all along. Anyone expecting 5 to 7% needs a straitjacket.
Right...October 2013 to October 2014 is 1 year. There's no 'delay' this year, from what I've been reading.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
According to the same email, the merit increase factors in any money lost between July and October in the October raise. Short term loss, break even in October of next year, long term gain after that.

Sure it does. A Nigerian prince will soon be calling to share his fortune with you. Better call him back quick!

hypo hanna

I measure my raises against the cost of living increases and how well FedEx stock is doing. At this point it will take a 15% increase to get me caught up and willing to do anything extra for Fred and his customers.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
oh I see, they moved the raises to October in order to "align all the opcos". How convenient. Naturally they couldn't have retro-paid us for the interim months.

Dirtbags....complete and total dirtbags

P

prodriver

oh I see, they moved the raises to October in order to "align all the opcos". How convenient. Naturally they couldn't have retro-paid us for the interim months.

Its really hard to read between the lines, it would be easier if you would quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Retro pay? This really is April Fool's Day. I'm with you 100% on the dirtbag analysis. "Aligning the opcos" is another excuse pulled straight out of you know where.

DontThrowPackages

Personally, I think we're going to see our PB's and floater taken away, followed by a week or two of vacation. After that we'll see pay cuts.
I've been thinking this is probably one of those other shoes. Somewhere everyday, there's a guy in finance sipping on his $5 Starbucks asking himself," Why are we giving box monkeys 5 weeks paid vacation? They'll stay put even for 1 weeks vacation. Think of all the wonder money, not to mention the percentage I'll get for coming up with the ideal.....ahhh money". Good thing the kids are grown up eh? Imagine trying to plan vacation time with small kids and their schedules. Would probably need to bring them to work and have them sit in the car til RTB.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I measure my raises against the cost of living increases and how well FedEx stock is doing. At this point it will take a 15% increase to get me caught up and willing to do anything extra for Fred and his customers.

The 15% would get you up to about 2000. What about the rest of it?

Slick silver

I love watching the the FedEx stock a lot and seeing the revenue has been staying the same for express and not going down. Their cost reduction seems to be working, that just means raises I suppose lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If that's what you want to believe. Where does it say the company won't postpone further raises? Sounds to me like you counting the chickens before they're hatched.

vantexan

There is no evidence to suggest that any future increases beyond 2014 will be delayed.
If we're talking "suggest" then I think Fred S's telling Wall Street he'll almost double profits by 2016 would be a good indicator of how raises will go. And past record is often a good indicator of future performance.

MAKAVELI

There is no evidence to suggest that any future increases beyond 2014 will be delayed.
You were the one bragging that ground wasn't delaying raises. Now they are, to help make the appearance of more profit and you are still guzzling the kool aid. Both you and bb see that Fred will not simply take from Express but now he is starting to take from his cash cow, Ground. That is your evidence, CJ. It doesn't matter that we are different opco, it all goes into the same pot.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, Dano. The 6-month delay (no raise) plus the new 6-month delay (no raise again) = A full year in which no raises happened at all. In other words, Fred created 12 months of "raise-free" life at FedEx. Maybe you need to have a talk with your keepers.

So instead of 12 months between raises, now there are 12 months between raises.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So instead of 12 months between raises, now there are 12 months between raises.

What an abject apologist....and corporate tool. Bottom line: Express employees lose a full year of raises. Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a dirtbag ploy to screw us is stupid...or a shill.

CJinx

You were the one bragging that ground wasn't delaying raises. Now they are, to help make the appearance of more profit and you are still guzzling the kool aid. Both you and bb see that Fred will not simply take from Express but now he is starting to take from his cash cow, Ground. That is your evidence, CJ. It doesn't matter that we are different opco, it all goes into the same pot.
Yes, they're moving Ground raises to October. However, we'll be making more money because of it in the long run because of how we're being comped for the 3 month difference. They didn't take anything away except for the money we would have seen from July through September, which gets shuffled into the October raise.