I know things are tight but come on!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I know we need to cut expenses, but at some point we are just going to have to break down and wash the trucks.
dirty.jpg

MikeTbob

When I get a really dirty truck like that, I take a damp rag and write in big bold letters "DIRT ALERT"
It's usually clean the next day! :happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In my division, the carwash hours were cut back to 3.5 hours a couple of years ago. This means our cars are filthy most of the time. I think mine got washed once last year. I got rearended a couple of weeks ago and it came back from the body shop with a new paint job though. So I finally get to drive a clean car until it gets dirty.

BURMDPsupe

That is just asking for trouble; you can't read the license tag and the driver's side backup light is completely covered in dirt. I guess that package car does not have to go through the weigh station.

M-

trickpony1

I thought cleaning the brake light and turn signal lenses was part of a proper pre-trip inspection.
If this driver were rear ended the company could always pull the excuse out of their rear, "it's your fault because the other driver couldn't see your brake lights/turn signals.".

Last edited:

screamin chicken

OUr center is the same the cars hardley ever get washed, and on top of that if you have 25 or less pick ups the driver has to unload his own car while the reload sits around acts like they are busy.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
When I first looked at that pic I thought it was a white truck with a brown spot. Looks like its covered in Mt. St. Helens ash!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
it got so bad here that I used to wash my own at a customers place every Friday. He had a pressure washer in front of his truck bay & I would give it a quick wash & blow out all the sand & dusty grime in the cab.Took 10 mins,they never said anything to me...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
When I get a really dirty truck like that, I take a damp rag and write in big bold letters "DIRT ALERT"
It's usually clean the next day! :happy-very:
Bet it would get some attention if someone wrote UPS SUCKS. That is one dirty truck Sober. And we bit.., uh complain about ours.:wink2:

over9five

Staff member
I thought cleaning the brake light and turn signal lenses was part of a proper pre-trip inspection.
If this driver were rear ended the company could always pull the excuse out of their rear, "it's your fault because the other driver couldn't see your brake lights/turn signals.".

Agreed. This driver should have cleaned the lights and the plate.