I know things are tight but come on!

SpeedBoat

Retired Feeder Driver
This is just one of the reasons why I retired 3 years ago. We would get chewed out if we went into the car wash. O'well back to watching "Dog the Bounty Hunter" it's a new show.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our package cars have not had the insides cleaned in TWO years. Hourly package car drivers complained. Management ignored our safety committee's very patient and fair suggestions. The safety committee, actually demonstrated "How to clean the interior of a package car" to less than enthusiatic part time car washers. After talking to pt time supervisor, full time supervisor, center manager, division manager, and automotive boss, and their empty promises, not ONE package car interior was cleaned. I cannot even begin to describe the filthy conditions of the windows, visor, monitor, dash, floor, shelves, safety equipment etc. Management made the committee look ineffective. We had a successful safety committee, but the entire group quit. We achieved management's safety goals, but when we asked for sanitary work enviroments, we were personally attacked, and ignored. So now I just start 10 to 15 minutes earlier to clean the windows and dash as needed.

A grievance would have been more effective. The safety committee was never intended by management to accomplish anything outside of Keter audit compliance. You were attacked and ignored because you dared to address real safety issues instead of sticking to the company-approved acronyms, commentaries and doughnuts.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
sexyupsman; That goes for every job from [B said:
CEO to Hooker[/b]!
Please enlighten us as to what the proper dress code is for a hooker?

Our package cars have not had the insides cleaned in TWO years. Hourly package car drivers complained. Management ignored our safety committee's very patient and fair suggestions. The safety committee, actually demonstrated "How to clean the interior of a package car" to less than enthusiastic part time car washers. After talking to pt time supervisor, full time supervisor, center manager, division manager, and automotive boss, and their empty promises, not ONE package car interior was cleaned. I cannot even begin to describe the filthy conditions of the windows, visor, monitor, dash, floor, shelves, safety equipment etc. Management made the committee look ineffective. We had a successful safety committee, but the entire group quit. We achieved management's safety goals, but when we asked for sanitary work environments, we were personally attacked, and ignored. So now I just start 10 to 15 minutes earlier to clean the windows and dash as needed.
No offense to you my BC friend, but I do think and it is just my opinion that if someone drives the truck every day, that someone should be responsible for keeping it clean.... to a point! I will say I think the company should have people dust them out because of all the packages creating dust. And to give an example; feeder drivers ( most of which I know ) keep their tractors clean and free of junk and debris, windows washed and go through the car wash after every shift. Just remember that although someone drives it, we (mechanics) have to work on it also. I like working on a clean truck myself and take pride when a driver gets his or her truck back and is amazed I cleaned it out by sweeping, cleaning the windows, and degreasing the motor. Also I like to make sure the wheels shine and you see that silver stripe on the wheels at all times and from all distances. Please JMHO:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If someone really needs a P300 washed I'm the one they call; over 10 yrs doing carwash, in 3 different buildings. And yes I do the interiors of the cab.
I work quickly & its done right the first time.
Every time I see a dirty car I hate what this company has become.
Honestly, what happened to us ?

BoogaBooga

Please enlighten us as to what the proper dress code is for a hooker?

No offense to you my BC friend, but I do think and it is just my opinion that if someone drives the truck every day, that someone should be responsible for keeping it clean.... to a point! I will say I think the company should have people dust them out because of all the packages creating dust. And to give an example; feeder drivers ( most of which I know ) keep their tractors clean and free of junk and debris, windows washed and go through the car wash after every shift. Just remember that although someone drives it, we (mechanics) have to work on it also. I like working on a clean truck myself and take pride when a driver gets his or her truck back and is amazed I cleaned it out by sweeping, cleaning the windows, and degreasing the motor. Also I like to make sure the wheels shine and you see that silver stripe on the wheels at all times and from all distances. Please JMHO:peaceful:

BoogaBooga

No offense taken. Committee addressed drivers keeping cars tidy as to facilitate carwashers cleaning insides. Our mechanic is disgusted at the car conditions. He is only allowed to work 8 hour day to keep costs down. Rear door tracks are so filled with dirt and lube it takes 2 hands to lift rear door. When afternoon sun hits windows, it's difficult to see due to white out on windows and mirrors.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
As a driver that was in his pkg car for 10 hrs a day,I felt it was my own
responsibility to keep the cab clean & do my own windows & mirrors for my own benefit as well as sweep out the bulk area !!!! I know some will say its not my job,but how can you work in all that dust & grime,let alone not see out the windows & mirrors...JMO

sexyupsman

Tell the truth.
You aren't concerned with his socks are you?
The untucked shirt is obstructing the view of your real concern isn't it?
Obviously you havent been paying attention. Clean Socks & Underwear is also key to a clean, lean professional. I know people are busy but for goodness sakes change your underwear!

brownrodster

tuck your shirt in make sure your socks are even. If my driver comes in and hes not looking his best to promote the company he works for I let him have it. Clean is what counts. Representaion is key to customer satisfaction!:peaceful:

I once begged a customer to call in a complaint about me. My UPS uniform was faded, ripped, and generally wore out. No matter how many times I asked for new UPS uniforms I couldn't get anything. I begged this customer to call in a complaint about my poor appearance. I don't think the customer took me seriously :( I really don't care aobut how I appear to customers. I was just sick of wearing the same dirty uniform everyday. At some point you would think it would be nice to have several uniforms for a week instead of wearing the same thing day after day.

over9five

Staff member
I once begged a customer to call in a complaint about me. My UPS uniform was faded, ripped, and generally wore out. No matter how many times I asked for new UPS uniforms I couldn't get anything. I begged this customer to call in a complaint about my poor appearance. I don't think the customer took me seriously :( I really don't care aobut how I appear to customers. I was just sick of wearing the same dirty uniform everyday. At some point you would think it would be nice to have several uniforms for a week instead of wearing the same thing day after day.

There's a thread somewhere....
Anyhow, file a greivance! You will get your uniforms in a hurry.

sexyupsman

My driver has a clean uniform for every day of the week. If they are faded, torn or if he has holes in his socks I go to the Riverside website (I believe, I will get the email address) and order new stuff for him. No way is he going to wear the same thing more than once. Its hot, dirty and sweaty out there and yes I do love when he smells of diesel fuel but the second he gets home he must shower!