I know things are tight but come on!

ih8tbrn

Banned
Bet it would get some attention if someone wrote UPS SUCKS. :wink2:

That actually happened here once. Scratched it right into the paint so every time it did get washed(which we do most nights) you could see it very clearly.
It stayed like that for months before it finally went for a repaint.

over9five

Staff member
I'm probably the only person who does not care if my package car is dirty or clean. I get paid the same either way.

Me too. Here I can clean my tractor any time I want, and I do almost every night.

But if I couldn't clean it, it wouldn't bother me at all. I mean, REALLY, it isn't actually my tractor.

I'd still wipe off the lights and plate, tho.

sexyupsman

In my area I have never seen a truck look dirty. They are always shiny and clean. Now the driver isnt always the most well kempt guy and I understand its hard work but for goodness sakes tuck your shirt in make sure your socks are even. If my driver comes in and hes not looking his best to promote the company he works for I let him have it. Clean is what counts. Representaion is key to customer satisfaction!:peaceful:

sexyupsman

.....I imagine not being presentable and proffesional in appearance definately would be grounds for a good spanking.
LOL
Damn right! I have salesreps from different vendors and if they are not dressed appropiately I will not even meet with them. Professionalism is dead in this country. Everyone wants to be business/casual. BullS***! Get a tie a nice shirt and some slacks. Stop with the khakis and polo shirts. I get up at 6am everyday and put a tie around my neck. Yes I just want to hange myself with it but I know that my customers and people I deal with expect a certain look. I make sure to give them my full attention to detail. Its time to take some pride in the company you work for and let the world know you are proud to do what you do. That goes for every job from CEO to Hooker!

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I know we need to cut expenses, but at some point we are just going to have to break down and wash the trucks.
That is disgraceful and an eye sore!! And then the driver goes back to the building and writes up he needs touch up ALL OVER!!:biting:

it got so bad here that I used to wash my own at a customers place every Friday. He had a pressure washer in front of his truck bay & I would give it a quick wash & blow out all the sand & dusty grime in the cab.Took 10 Min's,they never said anything to me...
I love it when their clean to work on, thanks cove!

This is not the u.p.s James Casey left behind !!!!!!
Definitely not:dissapointed:

Me too. Here I can clean my tractor any time I want, and I do almost every night.
Thank you my drivah brothah for keepin it real!

But if I couldn't clean it, it wouldn't bother me at all. I mean, REALLY, it isn't actually my tractor.

I'd still wipe off the lights and plate, tho.
Safety is important:smart:

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
When I get a really dirty truck like that, I take a damp rag and write in big bold letters "DIRT ALERT"
It's usually clean the next day! :happy-very:

1229-jpg.11905

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Damn right! I have salesreps from different vendors and if they are not dressed appropiately I will not even meet with them. Professionalism is dead in this country. Everyone wants to be business/casual. BullS***! Get a tie a nice shirt and some slacks. Stop with the khakis and polo shirts. I get up at 6am everyday and put a tie around my neck. Yes I just want to hange myself with it but I know that my customers and people I deal with expect a certain look. I make sure to give them my full attention to detail. Its time to take some pride in the company you work for and let the world know you are proud to do what you do. That goes for every job from CEO to Hooker!

Queer eye for the delivery guy :happy2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The outside of this truck looks like the inside of mine. It was nice enough yesterday to open both doors going down the highway. I still have dust from the cab in my eyes.

BoogaBooga

Our package cars have not had the insides cleaned in TWO years. Hourly package car drivers complained. Management ignored our safety committee's very patient and fair suggestions. The safety committee, actually demonstrated "How to clean the interior of a package car" to less than enthusiatic part time car washers. After talking to pt time supervisor, full time supervisor, center manager, division manager, and automotive boss, and their empty promises, not ONE package car interior was cleaned. I cannot even begin to describe the filthy conditions of the windows, visor, monitor, dash, floor, shelves, safety equipment etc. Management made the committee look ineffective. We had a successful safety committee, but the entire group quit. We achieved management's safety goals, but when we asked for sanitary work enviroments, we were personally attacked, and ignored. So now I just start 10 to 15 minutes earlier to clean the windows and dash as needed.

MikeTbob

maybe this would get a better response than dirt alert

LMAO, that's too good.

Our package cars have not had the insides cleaned in TWO years. Hourly package car drivers complained. Management ignored our safety committee's very patient and fair suggestions. The safety committee, actually demonstrated "How to clean the interior of a package car" to less than enthusiatic part time car washers. After talking to pt time supervisor, full time supervisor, center manager, division manager, and automotive boss, and their empty promises, not ONE package car interior was cleaned. I cannot even begin to describe the filthy conditions of the windows, visor, monitor, dash, floor, shelves, safety equipment etc. Management made the committee look ineffective. We had a successful safety committee, but the entire group quit. We achieved management's safety goals, but when we asked for sanitary work enviroments, we were personally attacked, and ignored. So now I just start 10 to 15 minutes earlier to clean the windows and dash as needed.

I know that's right, our trucks are super dirty on the inside too. I handed a package to a customer today and of course he was wearing a white shirt........until I handed him the package. :surprised: He was not happy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In my area I have never seen a truck look dirty. They are always shiny and clean. Now the driver isnt always the most well kempt guy and I understand its hard work but for goodness sakes tuck your shirt in make sure your socks are even. If my driver comes in and hes not looking his best to promote the company he works for I let him have it. Clean is what counts. Representaion is key to customer satisfaction!:peaceful:

Tell the truth.
You aren't concerned with his socks are you?
The untucked shirt is obstructing the view of your real concern isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: