I love this job

UPSER1987

Of course I know that. Just do what they want you to do in a safe way and who cares. I never get spoken to about my telematics. You still get paid by the hour no matter what they tell you to do. If you actually screw up then just own it like a man and no problem, although I haven't had that issue yet. Move at a nice fluid safe pace and there are no issues.

If you think you're micromanaged in this job than you haven't worked many other places. There is only so much they can do when you're in a truck by yourself all day.
These clowns don’t even know how good they have it. Most won’t qualify for a job at McDonald’s if they weren’t working at UPS. Appreciate your perspective.

UPSER1987

I think a big part of it is that so many people don't take care of themselves. Take care of your mind and body and this job will only help you stay in shape. Don't drink during the week and stay hydrated, eat well. I'm in my late 40s and have worked hard for 25 years and I feel younger than when I was 20.
You’re right. So many drivers are fat and out of shape, then want to blame UPS that they can’t do the job. So many whiny cupcakes....

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Oh no. I go out with some *ty routes all the time. But y'all may be right also. It's only been a few years. Honestly though the veterans I see seem to have the same attitude I do. Take it all with a grain of salt. Stop trying to run UPS. You know what you are getting into when you sign up so it's all in your attitude.
It’s all about catering to the millennials nowadays , I’m not directing this towards you I’m just saying.

“ He doesn’t know that area”
“ He can’t drive a manual”
“ He needs mapnav so you’re this rental”
“ He can’t work after 4:30 or he gets cranky so u get crushed”
🧔✊

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
3rd year rate and will easily make $90k this year. Boy just had a $400 medical bill that we paid $9 for. I get to work outside and get all that vitamin D to keep the corvid at bay, fresh air, no micromanaging, stay in shape. Wife gets to stay home and raise the kids.

Work at a fair, safe pace in the fresh air and make all the money with free healthcare. It's surprising that so many people complain. And now winter is coming which is 100x better than the heat. I love it.
You OK Dumbo is going to be a supervisor soon or later with endless possibility might star with a NO from you and that moment Dumbo your ears will ringing No matter how long or hard day has been another precious family time flush down the toilet and the medical is great for the family but if you get hurt won't last too long, Money is great but won't last too long it is not invested. 3 years you not invested in UPS yet. after 5 years you will be invested!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
These clowns don’t even know how good they have it. Most won’t qualify for a job at McDonald’s if they weren’t working at UPS. Appreciate your perspective.
Lol.

Let's put it this way.
If UPS could replace the workforce with McDonald's employees, and pay them 1/4th the pay, and get superior work out of them, then why haven't they broken up the union and done it?

Maybe, could it be that you are just a teeny tiny bit massively overexaggerating?

ouanling

Of course I know that. Just do what they want you to do in a safe way and who cares. I never get spoken to about my telematics. You still get paid by the hour no matter what they tell you to do. If you actually screw up then just own it like a man and no problem, although I haven't had that issue yet. Move at a nice fluid safe pace and there are no issues.

If you think you're micromanaged in this job than you haven't worked many other places. There is only so much they can do when you're in a truck by yourself all day.
you'Re definitely overqualified for this job

easily we can tell mech-lift is under qualified.. All he does is complain and try to make fun of people with less senority because somehow more years mean you do the job better in his head(when the job is simple enough for a well trained ape)

UPSER1987

You OK Dumbo is going to be a supervisor soon or later with endless possibility might star with a NO from you and that moment Dumbo your ears will ringing No matter how long or hard day has been another precious family time flush down the toilet and the medical is great for the family but if you get hurt won't last too long, Money is great but won't last too long it is not invested. 3 years you not invested in UPS yet. after 5 years you will be invested!
What?????

floridays

As Arthur Spooner says, Suckers
arthur spooner.jpg

Don't love what can't love you back.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
you'Re definitely overqualified for this job

easily we can tell mech-lift is under qualified.. All he does is complain and try to make fun of people with less senority because somehow more years mean you do the job better in his head(when the job is simple enough for a well trained ape)
You do one route and have GPS , of course you think the jobs easy. Oh , and I’m sure you have your little manual transmission “ waiver” too.
🧔✊

pierregarcon

You do one route and have GPS , of course you think the jobs easy. Oh , and I’m sure you have your little manual transmission “ waiver” too.
🧔✊
There are zero manuals PC's in our building. Can't speak for all the super vans, but every time I've had one it was automatic as well. Last peak when they were cramming my 350 stops into a 5 cube I begged for one of the old manual 10 cubes we had. No dice. Either they were destroyed or were sent to another building and we no longer had access to them.