I love this job

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
When Dumbo posts anything
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 3.54.09 PM.png

Whither

Scofflaw
Yep, bulk vans, super vans, mall van, "the Straight", "Straight no chaser" (NYC), International (regardless of being an international, Ford or Freightliner) hear a lot of nicknames for it
Straight no chaser is a good one. Would not be keen on driving one in NYC. Our 26 ft fleet is all Fords since I've started, haven't even seen a rental since late summer but they'll be back soon I'm sure.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Straight no chaser is a good one. Would not be keen on driving one in NYC. Our 26 ft fleet is all Fords since I've started, haven't even seen a rental since late summer but they'll be back soon I'm sure.
Yeah you need a lot of drinks straight no chaser after taking one of those. Driving in the city is actually easy it's the route that truck gets you that eats ass. Where I was it was Stuytown (Peter Stuyvesant Village) not a friendly place to deliver anywhere under 300 stops per person. Don't worry you get like three helpers and never see home!

Whither

Scofflaw
Yeah you need a lot of drinks straight no chaser after taking one of those. Driving in the city is actually easy it's the route that truck gets you that eats ass. Where I was it was Stuytown (Peter Stuyvesant Village) not a friendly place to deliver anywhere under 300 stops per person. Don't worry you get like three helpers and never see home!
My route got cut after it was loaded Friday. I asked around, too many call-offs it seems. Tossed me on a one trip industrial route - straight no chaser. Supe always wants me to do him 'a favor' and cover it (though I've only run it twice now and the first time they gave me a warning letter for late air which I warned them about before leaving the building, delivered straight air, which got buried under a bulk ground stop soon as I took my first turn). I always refuse. Had no choice Friday. Delivering air that way is stupid and all but 1 of our industrial routes have too many friend* pickups. The other is a 10 stop pickup run where you mostly wheel skids in on a pallet jack, not bad at all. Anyway. Bid driver would've been off by 6, I didn't punch til 7 with 1 missed and a few irritated, near-missed pickups. No skin off my back. I warned them again and they sent no help.

Last edited: