I made it to number 1

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Congratulations on outlasting everybody else! Our senior guy supposedly worked his last day Friday. He changed his mind and is coming back tomorrow. So that puts me back in the number four spot out of 75-80 drivers.
So did he go through with all of the paperwork to leave ??

upsgrunt

I don't know if it's good, or bad, but I'm younger than the next 5 or 6 guys below me; not old enough, in the union's eyes, to be able to retire and keep insurance.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
So did he go through with all of the paperwork to leave ??

Yes, he completed the paperwork and sent it in. Evidently there is a time period where you can change your mind. We had to cancel the party we were giving him this Friday and give back the donations for his retirement gift.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would like to say "He must love his job!" But I would be more likely to wager he has an ex wife who gets half his pension when he retires.

Either that or he has a butt load of kids and other relatives who have sponged off of him for years and he feels like he's responsible for their well being (even though they are in their 50's and could take care of themselves if they got off their fat lazy asses).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, he completed the paperwork and sent it in. Evidently there is a time period where you can change your mind. We had to cancel the party we were giving him this Friday and give back the donations for his retirement gift.

You have 30 days to change your mind and have to return any pension checks that you may have received if you do decide to come back.

I have never heard of anyone, until now, who has (foolishly) changed their mind.