I made it to number 1

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Thank the heavens we have 80 and out in the west.... I'm gone when I reach that magic number... No looking back!!
i just can't see leaving 4k on the table every month.

we do very well on our pension. between that , the 401k and IRA's ( which we haven't touched yet ), we could bring home over 7k a month easily.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

we do very well on our pension. between that , the 401k and IRA's ( which we haven't touched yet ), we could bring home over 7k a month easily.
How much longer before you guys can collect social security ???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How much longer before you guys can collect social security ???
couple years. that will be the icing on the cake.( another $2800 for the two of us )

we are having a blast. i rarely come on the BC anymore. and after 18 months very rarely think about UPS either. seems long ago.

as soon as I hit the 80 and out I left. not one day over.

FUH

rod

Retired 22 years
If you are pushing 40-50 years at UPS chances are you wouldn't enjoy retirement anyway because you have forgotten how to have fun so you may as well keep working. As far as I'm concerned there is no good reason to still be working at UPS when you are 65+ years old. At 65 you should have a healthy retirement portfolio, a pension, SS and Medicare and a cheap ($150-200 bucks at the most) supplemental insurance plan working for you. The money just rolls in.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Question.. You live anywhere near palm springs ???

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Took me 13 years just to get to the left side of the list.

Then they moved 7 new routes into the center and I moved back to the right side.

Then at peak the most senior guy of the 7 new routes threw up his hands and said he was done and I moved back to the left.

Feels pretty good.