I want to be a UPSer, but I must quit

Poop Head

Judge me.
Edit: Honestly, I don't think you :censored2:ers can handle one day in north NJ/NYC. You'll be hitting the bottle immediately after shift. If you don't work here, you ain't :censored2:, and I don't care what you have to say because you must be on easy street to mock a preloader.
It's the same wherever you are. Pick up the package, put package in truck, repeat. Or drive around, drop off/pickup package repeat.
How much you allow it to stress you out, is entirely up to you.
It is, what it is. (Or what they have made it)

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I've been a Preloader for over 2 years. I'm the guy who knows more than most soups, probably should be a soup, but choose not to. Unlike most, I own stock, know all the financial data, and the history of UPS. I love this company.

But everytime I put an effort in, they have me clean up after everyone else, and I burn out. I need my energy for Lyft which pays 3-5X as much and pays my bills. I can't endanger my customers just because I'm exhausted from preload, especially as UPS takes it for granted and still harasses me, is rude to me, when I do the work of 3 people. They keep threatening me with discharge when I plan to quit in August depending on the contract. They can hire as many immigrants as they want, people like me hold the ship together, only me actually as the other guy hung himself on April Fool's/Easter. Everyone else is straight out of Africa now, everyone quit.

I see the drivers all limping into work, miserable, worse than ever. No way I want to be a driver anymore. The only reason I'd become a driver is if I had a kid on the way. I aced advanced mathematics and hold a college degree; if this new contract is anything short of a $4 raise; I'm out. :censored2: UPS.
Sounds like the company is gonna collapse without you.

leave. you'll be better off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I've been a Preloader for over 2 years. I'm the guy who knows more than most soups, probably should be a soup, but choose not to. Unlike most, I own stock, know all the financial data, and the history of UPS. I love this company.

But everytime I put an effort in, they have me clean up after everyone else, and I burn out. I need my energy for Lyft which pays 3-5X as much and pays my bills. I can't endanger my customers just because I'm exhausted from preload, especially as UPS takes it for granted and still harasses me, is rude to me, when I do the work of 3 people. They keep threatening me with discharge when I plan to quit in August depending on the contract. They can hire as many immigrants as they want, people like me hold the ship together, only me actually as the other guy hung himself on April Fool's/Easter. Everyone else is straight out of Africa now, everyone quit.

I see the drivers all limping into work, miserable, worse than ever. No way I want to be a driver anymore. The only reason I'd become a driver is if I had a kid on the way. I aced advanced mathematics and hold a college degree; if this new contract is anything short of a $4 raise; I'm out. :censored2: UPS.

College degree and you work part time at ups and drive a Lyft

Mom and dad must be proud

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's 2018. I delivered in both cities using apps like PostMates, DoorDash, etc.

In regards to your other comments, college isn't an end all. College is more useless than everf. I majored in Biomedical Engineering but had to drop out as I couldn't afford the parking fees at NJIT. I still hold a degree in Info Sys, but for some strange reason I signed up for UPS.

I don't know why you assume I don't like black people, my girlfriend of 2 years is black. She slaps me in public for my commentary but in private is a different story. For a decade I studied the data and White Male/Black Female are most successful. I'm still a racist :censored2: though [and she likes it], so, go :censored2: yourself, etc etc.

Sounds like you have it goin on

john chesney

I imagine there's thousands of others just holding on for the strike and the prospect of a better future at this point. Call the strike, :censored2: negotiations, terrorize them like they've terrorized us. If you come to some 'deal', I like thousand others who hold this operation together; quit.

Go :censored2: yourself. I work at the worst hub in NJ. Saddle Brook. Codename; SAD

I don't want to quit at all. I bet you work in some easy midwestern region. I know the difference, it's a hell lot easier delivering in Phoenix or Columbus than in NJ.

Edit: Honestly, I don't think you :censored2:ers can handle one day in north NJ/NYC. You'll be hitting the bottle immediately after shift. If you don't work here, you ain't :censored2:, and I don't care what you have to say because you must be on easy street to mock a preloader.
I honestly don’t know how someone could deliver in Phoenix and not die from the heat in the summer

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don’t know how anyone in like Wisconsin could deliver in winter and not freeze to death. This is what went through my mind every winter and summer as I was near death in the package car.
When I lose feeling in extremities in the winter I sometimes contemplate how they will find my lifeless body face down in a snow bank. Summertime my mind turns to me passing out from heat exhaustion in back of truck and how long till someone realizes I’m dead back there. Lmfao

john chesney

When I lose feeling in extremities in the winter I sometimes contemplate how they will find my lifeless body face down in a snow bank. Summertime my mind turns to me passing out from heat exhaustion in back of truck and how long till someone realizes I’m dead back there. Lmfao
Great minds think alike. I’ve thought the exact same things