I want to be a UPSer, but I must quit

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I've been a Preloader for over 2 years. I'm the guy who knows more than most soups, probably should be a soup, but choose not to. Unlike most, I own stock, know all the financial data, and the history of UPS. I love this company.

But everytime I put an effort in, they have me clean up after everyone else, and I burn out. I need my energy for Lyft which pays 3-5X as much and pays my bills. I can't endanger my customers just because I'm exhausted from preload, especially as UPS takes it for granted and still harasses me, is rude to me, when I do the work of 3 people. They keep threatening me with discharge when I plan to quit in August depending on the contract. They can hire as many immigrants as they want, people like me hold the ship together, only me actually as the other guy hung himself on April Fool's/Easter. Everyone else is straight out of Africa now, everyone quit.

I see the drivers all limping into work, miserable, worse than ever. No way I want to be a driver anymore. The only reason I'd become a driver is if I had a kid on the way. I aced advanced mathematics and hold a college degree; if this new contract is anything short of a $4 raise; I'm out. :censored2: UPS.
20180525_073014.jpg

llamainmypocket

I've been a Preloader for over 2 years. I'm the guy who knows more than most soups, probably should be a soup, but choose not to. Unlike most, I own stock, know all the financial data, and the history of UPS. I love this company.

But everytime I put an effort in, they have me clean up after everyone else, and I burn out. I need my energy for Lyft which pays 3-5X as much and pays my bills. I can't endanger my customers just because I'm exhausted from preload, especially as UPS takes it for granted and still harasses me, is rude to me, when I do the work of 3 people. They keep threatening me with discharge when I plan to quit in August depending on the contract. They can hire as many immigrants as they want, people like me hold the ship together, only me actually as the other guy hung himself on April Fool's/Easter. Everyone else is straight out of Africa now, everyone quit.

I see the drivers all limping into work, miserable, worse than ever. No way I want to be a driver anymore. The only reason I'd become a driver is if I had a kid on the way. I aced advanced mathematics and hold a college degree; if this new contract is anything short of a $4 raise; I'm out. :censored2: UPS.

You don't love ups. Nobody loves ups.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

I imagine there's thousands of others just holding on for the strike and the prospect of a better future at this point. Call the strike, :censored2: negotiations, terrorize them like they've terrorized us. If you come to some 'deal', I like thousand others who hold this operation together; quit.

Go :censored2: yourself. I work at the worst hub in NJ. Saddle Brook. Codename; SAD

I don't want to quit at all. I bet you work in some easy midwestern region. I know the difference, it's a hell lot easier delivering in Phoenix or Columbus than in NJ.

Edit: Honestly, I don't think you :censored2:ers can handle one day in north NJ/NYC. You'll be hitting the bottle immediately after shift. If you don't work here, you ain't :censored2:, and I don't care what you have to say because you must be on easy street to mock a preloader.

It's 2018. I delivered in both cities using apps like PostMates, DoorDash, etc.

In regards to your other comments, college isn't an end all. College is more useless than everf. I majored in Biomedical Engineering but had to drop out as I couldn't afford the parking fees at NJIT. I still hold a degree in Info Sys, but for some strange reason I signed up for UPS.

I don't know why you assume I don't like black people, my girlfriend of 2 years is black. She slaps me in public for my commentary but in private is a different story. For a decade I studied the data and White Male/Black Female are most successful. I'm still a racist :censored2: though [and she likes it], so, go :censored2: yourself, etc etc.
small-violin.gif