I want to work at Fedex

TeamLift

Hate the union and just need a part time job. Can't go full to part time at ups.

I'm really just looking for part time. My wife makes tons more than me so I'm going to become a stayat home dad.

Wouldn't rely on that lasting much longer, every man I know who bragged about his wife making tons more than him ended up on his own as the wife got tired of being the wife, cook, mother and bread winner, not to mention the embarrassment of having girlfriends whose husbands make real money, when you are kicked out you will want that union paycheck, otherwise you will be sleeping in your FedEx truck at night.

T

Turdferguson

Hate the union and just need a part time job. Can't go full to part time at ups.

I'm really just looking for part time. My wife makes tons more than me so I'm going to become a stayat home dad.
giphy.gif

MassWineGuy

Maybe as long as you go into it knowing that the pay will suck, the hours are terrible, and the benefits are crap.

If a pt FX job works for you, take it. It's true, the money's less, no union. But generally, the people are nicer and it's a more enjoyable atmosphere. Sometimes small things, like less stress, not getting ulcers and feeling ok about going to work, can change your outlook.

Where in the Boston area area you?

l22

I have worked at UPS over 10 years, several of which were driving, including now. I applied online for a pt FedEx express courier job. They would be nuts not to nab me, right? I'm close to Boston and there seems to be a good number of jobs. How long does a callback take usually? Should I call to express my interest? My intent is to leave UPS. Thanks.

If your wife makes a lot more money than you and you just want to be p/t, I would just become a handler if you really want to join the company - a handler who just stays for the sort and then leaves. You will have your 17.5 guarantee cancelled but you'll be able to just get in and get out - about 2-3 hours a day. You will make little to nothing doing this but you will get health insurance.