I was the man who nearly died in this UPS truck last December

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
That's why I asked about counsel, I wouldn't imagine some lawyer or the person himself would come on here and ask on a forum where anyone could claim to be a driver about safety issues and use that in their case.

He was an assistant.
Terminology my dear Watson.

jaker

trolling
DO NOT feed this person any information good bad or indifferent. He's either a troll or the real person or the injured lawyer looking for information. It appears the lawsuit isn't panning out to well.
I think it is ok to tell what happen to me with the push to start button

It was a cloudy day the dew was on the windows of the truck my load look like a F5 tornado loaded it , I left out the hub driving the freeway being cut off by so many people I swear it was cut a UPS truck off day

So I get down to my route get my air done as soon as I started my resi my button started to act up , well like any good driver I kept on pushing on then all of sudden I hit it and well it shot me to the moon , I didn't know what to do I called my sup but he didn't answer so I just kept on hitting the button and the dash and bam it shot me back to my route

So I didn't know what to do but finsh I told other drivers about what happen but nobody would belive me , the next day I come in they call me to the office and try to fire me for going off route I tell them the story but they don't belive me , they said be prepared expect the unexpected

I was so upset that didn't know what to do so I just went on to work , it hasn't happen since then

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I think it is ok to tell what happen to me with the push to start button

It was a cloudy day the dew was on the windows of the truck my load look like a F5 tornado loaded it , I left out the hub driving the freeway being cut off by so many people I swear it was cut a UPS truck off day

So I get down to my route get my air done as soon as I started my resi my button started to act up , well like any good driver I kept on pushing on then all of sudden I hit it and well it shot me to the moon , I didn't know what to do I called my sup but he didn't answer so I just kept on hitting the button and the dash and bam it shot me back to my route

So I didn't know what to do but finsh I told other drivers about what happen but nobody would belive me , the next day I come in they call me to the office and try to fire me for going off route I tell them the story but they don't belive , they said be prepared expect the unexpected

I was so upset that didn't know what to do so I just went on to work , it hasn't happen since then

I want what he was drinking, eating or smoking.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
He has has made three post on BC all ask basically the same question.

Copy on this point.
This time he pulled my heart strings and I was glad he was ok.
Then reason kicked in and I was pissed at the ungrateful troll.

He was not the man I contributed too.

H

htown0721

Wouldn't a pastor end his post with God bless, or In Him or a reference of God's protection in all of this. Just saying a Pastor (as the article claimed the man in the crash to be) would usually give credit to God.

H

htown0721

How would an inefficient keyless starter cause that much damage, if they car jumped forward I feel there might be a minor dent. Why does the article not explain what happened it just says an accident occurred and then starts talking about a keyless starter. To much damage and not enough explanation. However, with that being said I hope nothing like this ever happens again to another brother in brown.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How would an inefficient keyless starter cause that much damage, if they car jumped forward I feel there might be a minor dent. Why does the article not explain what happened it just says an accident occurred and then starts talking about a keyless starter. To much damage and not enough explanation. However, with that being said I hope nothing like this ever happens again to another brother in brown.

The car rolled down a hill with the engine off, went off the road and hit a tree.

The issue with installing keyless ignition on older stick shift trucks is that the clutch safety switch has to be disconnected. This means that you can push the button without being in the seat or depressing the clutch pedal and the starter motor will engage and cause the car to lurch forward even though it is parked and in gear. If this occurs when the car is parked at the crest of a hill, bad things can happen.

I have had the keyless ignition on my car (a newer Freightliner with an automatic transmission) fail while driving down the road. The engine just shut off, at 35MPH on a curve. I was able to muscle it over to the shoulder and get it stopped via the backup electrical brake system. It wouldnt start again, so I opened the lockbox and used the key for the rest of the day. I wrote it up and was told that the cause was a "bad relay." I have not had the problem since, although in order to be on the safe side I still use the key whenever I am towing a pup trailer. In my opinion, UPS should have retained keyed ignitions in its fleet and only used the fob for opening and closing the door.

tourists24

The car rolled down a hill with the engine off, went off the road and hit a tree.

The issue with installing keyless ignition on older stick shift trucks is that the clutch safety switch has to be disconnected. This means that you can push the button without being in the seat or depressing the clutch pedal and the starter motor will engage and cause the car to lurch forward even though it is parked and in gear. If this occurs when the car is parked at the crest of a hill, bad things can happen.

I have had the keyless ignition on my car (a newer Freightliner with an automatic transmission) fail while driving down the road. The engine just shut off, at 35MPH on a curve. I was able to muscle it over to the shoulder and get it stopped via the backup electrical brake system. It wouldnt start again, so I opened the lockbox and used the key for the rest of the day. I wrote it up and was told that the cause was a "bad relay." I have not had the problem since, although in order to be on the safe side I still use the key whenever I am towing a pup trailer. In my opinion, UPS should have retained keyed ignitions in its fleet and only used the fob for opening and closing the door.
I agree with you Sober on the key situation... I had the exact thing happen with my keyless except at least mine happened at about 15 mph.... just shut off and wouldnt restart.... extremely dangerous potential

H

htown0721

Appreciate the clarification, not being a driver I made assumptions, sorry

barnyard

KTM rider
I wish the best for the OP if he is in fact the helper that got hurt. If it is an investigator working for his attorney, then go pound sand.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Hello, BrownCafe people:

Last December 14, I was a driver assistant in a UPS truck that lost power and crashed into a tree. I nearly died. Here is part of my story, which, I think, some of you have viewed:

KIRO 7 Seattle News Investigations | www.kirotv.com

Do any of you know of an incident like this one? I would hate for this to happen again.

I would appreciate any comments that any of you have .
I despise lawyers

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello, BrownCafe people:

Last December 14, I was a driver assistant in a UPS truck that lost power and crashed into a tree. I nearly died. Here is part of my story, which, I think, some of you have viewed:

KIRO 7 Seattle News Investigations | www.kirotv.com

Do any of you know of an incident like this one? I would hate for this to happen again.

I would appreciate any comments that any of you have .

I read the article and viewed the pictures, and it sounds like you have a very strong case. Assuming you are indeed the injured party, you might want to investigate other companies who use keyless systems (like FedEx) and compare/contrast the safety of said systems. The one big difference is that we don't have delivery vehicles (except straight trucks) that have manual transmissions.

My one question to you is "why were emergency personnel taking pictures of you obviously extremely injured instead of rushing you to the hospital"? Maybe they needed to cut you out, but Jeez...