I was the man who nearly died in this UPS truck last December

UPSGUY72

This person isn't going to respond to any post. They are on a fishing expedition.

10/26/2012 They post "My question is: Before this accident, has any kind of injury, major or minor, occurred because of this keyless ignition system? If so, when and where"

10/26/2012 They post "Do you know of any injuries sustained from similar failures of the keyless system?

Then yesterday they become the injured person and post.

"Hello, BrownCafe people:

Last December 14, I was a driver assistant in a UPS truck that lost power and crashed into a tree. I nearly died. Here is part of my story, which, I think, some of you have viewed:

KIRO 7 Seattle News Investigations | www.kirotv.com

Do any of you know of an incident like this one? I would hate for this to happen again.

I would appreciate any comments that any of you have .
"

The OP will not engage in conversation. The OP is a investigator / Lawyer associated with David Beninger and the Luvera Law Firm.

Zorro

I was the pastor who almost died

A number of you called into question whether I was the man in the KIRO-TV investigative report. I can sympathize with the skepticism of some of you.

I'm not a troll or a lawyer. Some of you thought my post was not what a pastor would write. I didn't want to go into elaborate details, but I will say a few things as a former pastor.

I say "former pastor," because with my injuries, medical appointments, and therapy, I could no longer function effectively as a pastor. I resigned from the church in November.

I recognize that a number of UPS people prayed for me. One touching moment recounted by a UPS friend of mine involved about fifty or more UPS workers (drivers and others) asking her how I was doing, with some saying that they were praying for me. They clapped for me. I guess it was their way of showing support. That meant a lot to me.

So, for those of you who prayed for me, thank you! I didn't realize some of you contributed to my fund. So, for those of you who contributed, thank you!

I pray that all your travels during the holiday season will be safe.

Finally, the tracking device is called a DIAD, and we used two kinds.

upsman68

This person isn't going to respond to any post. They are on a fishing expedition.

10/26/2012 They post "My question is: Before this accident, has any kind of injury, major or minor, occurred because of this keyless ignition system? If so, when and where"

10/26/2012 They post "Do you know of any injuries sustained from similar failures of the keyless system?

Then yesterday they become the injured person and post.

"Hello, BrownCafe people:

Last December 14, I was a driver assistant in a UPS truck that lost power and crashed into a tree. I nearly died. Here is part of my story, which, I think, some of you have viewed:

KIRO 7 Seattle News Investigations | www.kirotv.com

Do any of you know of an incident like this one? I would hate for this to happen again.

I would appreciate any comments that any of you have .
"

The OP will not engage in conversation. The OP is a investigator / Lawyer associated with David Beninger and the Luvera Law Firm.

Insert foot in mouth.

BrownArmy

I'm completely confused by one aspect of this whole story. What's a clutch?

It's called the 'clutch' when you pull one out of nowhere, and turn a seemingly super-negative situation into an entirely 'Rainbow-Bright' situation, just by sheer force of being awesome, and also because you were lucky, and also you-were-in-the-right-place-at-the-right-time.

Or you just know how to drive stick.

Tinx

The truck that I ride on has had similar issues. About a week ago the driver tried to start the truck but it wouldn't start and then all of a sudden there were no brakes and we were rolling. Thank God she got it started but it was scary!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Re: I was the pastor who almost died

Perhaps you could share your recollections of the accident with us in a bit more detail. What exactly happened? Was the driver in the seat, or in the back, or even out of the car entirely when it started rolling? Do you know or have a pretty good idea of what caused the truck to roll down the hill?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Zorro--I apologize for the tone of my post but your post did not appear to be one that would be posted by anyone who has ever stepped foot on a pkg car. "Assistant"? We call them helpers. I do pray for your continued recovery. Dave.

UPSGUY72

The truck that I ride on has had similar issues. About a week ago the driver tried to start the truck but it wouldn't start and then all of a sudden there were no brakes and we were rolling. Thank God she got it started but it was scary!!!

SHE released the Emergency break before she had the car started ???? If the E- Break is adjusted properly which every driver does park oo the pre-trip the package car shouldn't move until it's released.

UPSGUY72

Zorro- You can say anything you want now your first three post set the tone that you are not who you say you are. Only people looking for information for a lawsuit would make post like that. Since you have a lawyer they would be doing all the case related research and fact findings especially in a case like this they see $$$$. They would be putting a lot of resources to it.

S

serenity now

SHE released the Emergency break before she had the car started ???? If the E- Break is adjusted properly which every driver does park oo the pre-trip the package car shouldn't move until it's released.

not with an 800

UPSGUY72

not with an 800

Not with a 800??? What the hell does that mean you release the E-break before you start and 800??? No matter what package car your in automatic or standard the E - break should NOT be released until the car is started. Also the car should be in first gear if a standard and Park if it a automatic.

If your starting the car after you release the E-break your not follow the proper procedure.

Indecisi0n

Not with a 800??? What the hell does that mean you release the E-break before you start and 800??? No matter what package car your in automatic or standard the E - break should NOT be released until the car is started. Also the car should be in first gear if a standard and Park if it a automatic.

If your starting the car after you release the E-break your not follow the proper procedure.

D0 we even have a 1st gear?

S

serenity now

it means you can't set the brake tight enough on an 800 to hold the truck

UPSGUY72

it means you can't set the brake tight enough on an 800 to hold the truck

BS..... Write it up do the mechanic can fix it.

rod

Retired 22 years
BS..... Write it up do the mechanic can fix it.

About the only thing a mechanic could do with an 800 would be install an anchor with a long rope. The E-brakes on 800's are junk once they have been used a half a dozen times.