I was the man who nearly died in this UPS truck last December

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the OP is really the guy from the accident or a lawyer or an investigator, who cares?
Why is everybody so bent on not sharing parallel stories that would aid in his litigation in regards to this accident?
So many people rallied behind this story, some even donated money, yet when it comes down to getting your "hands dirty" you reel away.
I don't understand???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
For those who don't remember, I was the one who was censored and chastized as insensitive when I suggested the injured worker and his family get immediate legal council.
Now it seems they may be trying to play catch up.

gingerkat

If the OP is really the guy from the accident or a lawyer or an investigator, who cares?
Why is everybody so bent on not sharing parallel stories that would aid in his litigation in regards to this accident?
So many people rallied behind this story, some even donated money, yet when it comes down to getting your "hands dirty" you reel away.
I don't understand???
What he said. I've worked with attorneys before and they wouldn't be trolling on this site for any information, they would have had it already.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
For those who don't remember, I was the one who was censored and chastized as insensitive when I suggested the injured worker and his family get immediate legal council.
Now it seems they may be trying to play catch up.
That's not the way I remember it at all. You posted a photo from some other accident in the thread intended to offer support and concern for the injured man and his family. You were then asked to post the pic in a different thread because it was off topic. If I recall correctly you did so a few days later. IMHO that's not censorship, it's common courtesy towards the injured man's family that our community was trying to encourage and support.

S

serenity now

About the only thing a mechanic could do with an 800 would be install an anchor with a long rope. The E-brakes on 800's are junk once they have been used a half a dozen times.

sounds like someone who has actually driven an 800

rod

Retired 22 years

For many years---with no power steering, a clutch that takes a super-human to depress and high steps that will leave you crawling on your hands and knees by the end of the day --they should have all been outlawed years ago.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's not the way I remember it at all. You posted a photo from some other accident in the thread intended to offer support and concern for the injured man and his family. You were then asked to post the pic in a different thread because it was off topic. If I recall correctly you did so a few days later. IMHO that's not censorship, it's common courtesy towards the injured man's family that our community was trying to encourage and support.

You remember wrong, you and Tony.
The thread was started by somebody other than a family member, complete with a link to the local news story.
That is where I got the photo.
The thread was many posts deep when a family member joined in.
It was then that it was decided that it was to be a candle lighting thread, instead of what is going on now.
My contention then was that the family needed to seek legal representation, as the truck in the picture was an old vehicle void of modern day safety features.
This was an assertion that was clearly illustrated in the aforementioned picture.
I would suggest that we resurrect that thread, but as I said before it was censored and contains none of my posts that would show this to be the case.
It was never my intention to be insensitive to the victim or family, rather to convey my belief that UPS would circle the wagons and make it very hard for them to receive reparations for their loss.
I believed that the longer they waited to seek legal council, the harder it would be to arrive at the truth.
I'll bet I was right.

UPSGUY72

I drive one all the time. Have driven three different ones for the past 3 weeks all have over 350,000 miles on them and I haven't had a problem with the hand break working. The E-brake / hand brake is attached to the drive shaft not the brake drums like on normal cars and trucks. If it isn't holding you tighten it up until it does if the can't tighten it anymore that the mechanic needs to adjust the cable as it's stretched out.

If you driving and 800 and the E-brake / hand brake isn't holding I hope your are writing it up everyday and I would hope you would refuse to Drive the car until it's fixed.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You remember wrong, you and Tony.
The thread was started by somebody other than a family member, complete with a link to the local news story.
That is where I got the photo.
The thread was many posts deep when a family member joined in.
It was then that it was decided that it was to be a candle lighting thread, instead of what is going on now.
My contention then was that the family needed to seek legal representation, as the truck in the picture was an old vehicle void of modern day safety features.
This was an assertion that was clearly illustrated in the aforementioned picture.
I would suggest that we resurrect that thread, but as I said before it was censored and contains none of my posts that would show this to be the case.
It was never my intention to be insensitive to the victim or family, rather to convey my belief that UPS would circle the wagons and make it very hard for them to receive reparations for their loss.
I believed that the longer they waited to seek legal council, the harder it would be to arrive at the truth.
I'll bet I was right.
I'm not wasting time bickering with you again. To my knowledge the pic of the truck you posted was not represented by you to be the truck in the accident. If you're claiming to be the only member to recommend that they seek legal advise then maybe you missed some other people's posts.

When a family member in that devastating life changing circumstance posts here we hope to offer them the respect and support they deserve, not retalitory shock therapy. You and I have completely different concepts about facilitating a "candle lighting" thread.

All we did was to ask you to start a new thread to discuss your topic.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm not wasting time bickering with you again. To my knowledge the pic of the truck you posted was not represented by you to be the truck in the accident. If you're claiming to be the only member to recommend that they seek legal advise then maybe you missed some other people's posts.

When a family member in that devastating life changing circumstance posts here we hope to offer them the respect and support they deserve, not retalitory shock therapy. You and I have completely different concepts about facilitating a "candle lighting" thread.

It's a little late for that isn't it?
Hopefully you wont edit your post again before my post hits the board.

Again, the picture I posted was copied and pasted from the link included in the threads original post.
Again, the thread was not started by a family member.
You are correct that I was not alone in thinking the victim and family needed to seek legal council.
Sometimes devastating life changing circumstances like these cloud family members ability to assess the situation.
Often time is their biggest adversary in exposing the facts.
Respect and support come in many forms, this case had others and myself realizing the urgency of our suggestions to seek legal advise.
Not sure what you felt I was retaliating for in the form of "shock therapy"?
I didn't mean any disrespect to the victim and family then, nor do I now.

A new thread would not have served the purpose.
What was posted was germane to the discussion, even if only now evident in hindsight.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

First stated with certainty, then prefaced by "to my knowledge"?
Pretty bold accusation without being sure?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Bubbles, I know you are upset with me for deleting your self promotional insurance sales pitches. Please move on.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubbles, I know you are upset with me for deleting your self promotional insurance sales pitches. Please move on.

Which time deleting me for the self promotional, non profit employment insurance I sell?
Weak attempt at the shell game.
So when do you plan on "not wasting your time bickering with me"?
I suggest now, while you are behind.