I was the man who nearly died in this UPS truck last December

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like a troll to me. Who in their right mind,would post this on BC asking for help??

A lawyer, looking for ammunition to prove the case. If this is the Washington case where the package car driver was operating a car that had been written-up previously for a faulty keyless ignition, it would seem that UPS would be smart to settle out-of-court. We have had lawyers posing as "employees" over on the Purple side too, angling for information that will bolster their case.

rocket man

DO NOT feed this person any information good bad or indifferent. He's either a troll or the real person or the injured lawyer looking for information. It appears the lawsuit isn't panning out to well.
amen there isno way this is the person no way at all because im that person

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know what stuck me weird about what he said , was that a sup brought them some ear plugs

what sup in his right mine would bring something that would keep us from hearing the outside world and what driver would put them in

now I know sups do dumb stuff sometimes but that seams really far stretch

The stupidity of a supervisor who is desperate to look good on a production report knows no bounds.

S

serenity now

The real guy would have said I am the the man who nearly died.............

Sorry if this has brought up before.

QKRSTKR

I know if the electronic brake system failed and the vehicle started rolling down a hill and engine not running you would be screwed. Don't care how much you stood on the brake pedal. I don't know if this is true or not, but I do know that.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have never understood why we dont all have the original ignition keys hanging from the fobs, to be used in case the keyless ignition fails. This is a basic and elementary precaution that I have already taken for myself. I drive a P700 with barn doors, so I already have a rear door/BH door/pup trailer door key hanging on the fob; I got the code to my lock box and took the original ignition key out of it and attached it to the fob. If the keyless ignition ever fails on me (which it has done more than once) then I just insert the key in the ignition and go instead of getting on the phone, calling the shop, getting the code and then having to stand outside the drivers door in the street in order to access the lockbox on the firewall while I am blocking traffic with a dead vehicle.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I know if the electronic brake system failed and the vehicle started rolling down a hill and engine not running you would be screwed. Don't care how much you stood on the brake pedal. I don't know if this is true or not, but I do know that.

I can't remember who, but I heard a rumor that this was exactly what caused the accident, it was something in the braking system. If the engine goes dead, you have no brakes at all. The car looked like a mid 80's GMC P-1000, manual steering on top of that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I can't remember who, but I heard a rumor that this was exactly what caused the accident, it was something in the braking system. If the engine goes dead, you have no brakes at all. The car looked like a mid 80's GMC P-1000, manual steering on top of that.

I had one of those 80's GMC P-1000's and I had the hydrovac go out. You lose most of your brakes because without engine running brakes lose pressure. Supposedly there is a mechanical backup but if it works its hardly any brakes at all. The hand brake would still work and could be used in an emergency if the driver had checked that it was operating correctly.

S

serenity now

I have never understood why we dont all have the original ignition keys hanging from the fobs, to be used in case the keyless ignition fails. This is a basic and elementary precaution that I have already taken for myself. I drive a P700 with barn doors, so I already have a rear door/BH door/pup trailer door key hanging on the fob; I got the code to my lock box and took the original ignition key out of it and attached it to the fob. If the keyless ignition ever fails on me (which it has done more than once) then I just insert the key in the ignition and go instead of getting on the phone, calling the shop, getting the code and then having to stand outside the drivers door in the street in order to access the lockbox on the firewall while I am blocking traffic with a dead vehicle.

Sober, they never even took the keys off our fobs since the first day of implementation and the only thing in my lockbox is a spider web; I looked.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
the only thing in my lockbox is a spider web; I looked.[/QUOTE]

Well, there WAS a second fob in the box until somebody lost it and didn't put it back (or took the # tag off and then the car got parked outside).:angry:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had one of those 80's GMC P-1000's and I had the hydrovac go out. You lose most of your brakes because without engine running brakes lose pressure. Supposedly there is a mechanical backup but if it works its hardly any brakes at all. The hand brake would still work and could be used in an emergency if the driver had checked that it was operating correctly.

The old hydrovac boosted GMC's went away years ago. (good riddance) They had a vacuum reservoir that, when working, was only good for a few applications when the engine was not running.

The old hydrovac boosted GMC's went away years ago. (good riddance) They had a vacuum reservoir that, when working, was only good for a few applications when the engine was not running.

I can still that buzz sound in my head..............you know, when you was sitting at a red light with your foot on the brake. Then the vacuum pressure got low.and made that hideous buzzing noise!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

We all have the code here, and use it whenever we need to. They did change it for awhile but the secret alwsys leaks out. They installed them all beside the bulkhead next to the reg pouch and extinguisher. So far I've had fob trouble before, but thankfully nothing more than that. I have little faith in these electronics tho. One of my sups said they are cheaply made, like Mattel toys.

S

serenity now

the only thing in my lockbox is a spider web; I looked.

Well, there WAS a second fob in the box until somebody lost it and didn't put it back (or took the # tag off and then the car got parked outside).:angry:[/QUOTE]

You are wrong / There has never been anything in that lockbox / This is not Washington

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Well, there WAS a second fob in the box until somebody lost it and didn't put it back (or took the # tag off and then the car got parked outside).:angry:

You are wrong / There has never been anything in that lockbox / This is not Washington[/QUOTE]

You guys got ripped off! Here in Washington, each keyless kit come with 2 preprogrammed fobs.

RandomDrone

You all are pretty paranoid. Without knowing anything about this case... even an attorney fresh out of law school would depose the mechanic, the driver, all the supervisors, the victim, witnesses, the car washer, the mechanic's supervisor, I could go on forever. The last thing they are going to get admissible in court is a bunch of posts on a web forum.