IBT cuts off Local 804 negotiating

Hethatbeking

People need to relax. You realize under the Trump administration unemployment has continued to fall to its lowest ever. BUT wages across the US have only gone up 2.7%. What this means is that trickle down economics does NOT work as it should.

Big companies invest in other things than than their employees. We are thankful for the raises that UPS does give us and in the end, I think everyone just wants a FAIR wage for their years of service.​
Thankful? UPS just got a corporate tax cut worth billions and we should be thankful? I hope you are a corporate stooge because to be anything else would be sad.

Days

Thankful? UPS just got a corporate tax cut worth billions and we should be thankful? I hope you are a corporate stooge because to be anything else would be sad.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm
Saying that every business got tax cuts and wages have only gone up 2.7%. So in the end, it's not just UPS.

Hethatbeking

That's not what I'm saying. I'm
Saying that every business got tax cuts and wages have only gone up 2.7%. So in the end, it's not just UPS.
Yes your right. Its a collective decision made by the heads of industry who rule the working lives of most American workers many of whom have no union and therefore no say in the organization of the work place much less their compensation. But what's your point?

Days

Yes your right. Its a collective decision made by the heads of industry who rule the working lives of most American workers many of whom have no union and therefore no say in the organization of the work place much less their compensation. But what's your point?

I'm just putting things into context

DirtySouth

Getting back to the thread topic...
It appears the worm has turned.
The L804 team that Hoffa/hall supported in the last officer election can't negotiate the L804 rider.
TS (the former PO) and his team, without any support from Hoffa/hall, didn't seem to have any problems and renegotiated one of the best supplements in 2013.
Oh what a tangle web we weave...

It's almost like Hoffa/Hall elevated those guys and backed them (in an election with another slate -- headed by a rogue BA that called an unlawful strike and cost the local $250k -- that did a great job splitting the vote) in order to try and knock TS out of office to keep him from running for GP.

DirtySouth

So....does this mean the strike odds just doubled??

From 0.04% to 0.08%?

Sure.

Virtually no chance of us striking unless this thing goes down in catastrophic fashion (think 2-1) and the company completely refuses to budge.

That being said, I'm pretty curious as to the nature of the extension; no one knows if it's really 'indefinite' or not, or if its 'indefinite pending ratification', etc. except IBT.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
It's almost like Hoffa/hall elevated those guys and backed them (in an election with another slate -- headed by a rogue BA that called an unlawful strike and cost the local $250k -- that did a great job splitting the vote) in order to try and knock TS out of office to keep him from running for GP.
I know a strike has a lot of red tape pieces, and legal hooey. But think about this. A wildcat strike is a contract violation we should just do what UPS does and say ok we promise not to do it again.

2.7% blah blah blah. Just because your actual cash value doesn't go up more than inflation doesn't mean you're not getting it. Include your pension and H&W increases (you know, the :censored2: everyone else has to pay for) and you're well ahead of the curve. I'm not saying I'm on board with this contract, but the things we bitch about need to be accurate and worthy. 22.4 with no protections is a big deal, "as long as work is available" is a big deal, missing inflation by <1% on your actual cash raise isn't when you're killing it on the backside. PT increase (for 95% of them) blows inflation away, they're still not happy, but your argument says they should be. Just saying that if you're talking inflation, you need to include the whole package, it looks incompetent not to. If you can't be accurate in your argument, no one will listen to anything you say after that.

Hethatbeking

Oh
2.7% blah blah blah. Just because your actual cash value doesn't go up more than inflation doesn't mean you're not getting it. Include your pension and H&W increases (you know, the :censored2: everyone else has to pay for) and you're well ahead of the curve. I'm not saying I'm on board with this contract, but the things we bitch about need to be accurate and worthy. 22.4 with no protections is a big deal, "as long as work is available" is a big deal, missing inflation by <1% on your actual cash raise isn't when you're killing it on the backside. PT increase (for 95% of them) blows inflation away, they're still not happy, but your argument says they should be. Just saying that if you're talking inflation, you need to include the whole package, it looks incompetent not to. If you can't be accurate in your argument, no one will listen to anything you say after that.
Yeah I keep forgetting that when I'm short on rent I can still use my "healthcare" dollars to make up the difference. Oh wait...

F

Frankie's Friend

Oh

Yeah I keep forgetting that when I'm short on rent I can still use my "healthcare" dollars to make up the difference. Oh wait...
If we had to pay out on that expense too we'd be shorter on rent than we were before.

In 20 years our (great) wages have almost doubled with H & W still free to boot.
Please tell me why we are crying about ft wages.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
If we had to pay out on that expense too we'd be shorter on rent than we were before.

In 20 years our (great) wages have almost doubled with H & W still free to boot.
Please tell me why we are crying about ft wages.
In 20 years we are making the same amount adjusted for inflation. Now you want us to make less. I have 25 years left. I have 5 more give back contracts to go. I'm not crying for more I'm just asking to be paid the same. Give me the same pay you had. Give me the same pension and same healthcare.

In 20 years we are making the same amount adjusted for inflation. Now you want us to make less. I have 25 years left. I have 5 more give back contracts to go. I'm not crying for more I'm just asking to be paid the same. Give me the same pay you had. Give me the same pension and same healthcare.
No, we are making more than inflation over the last 20 years. Look it up. Full scale was about $20 in 1998.

Time for change

Meanwhile part time started at 8.50 or so for over 20 years and hasn’t kept up with inflation. We’ll work on catching up new hires and give you 12 cents every 15-20 years for COLA. #thankfulforgenerouscompany

F

Frankie's Friend

Meanwhile part time started at 8.50 or so for over 20 years and hasn’t kept up with inflation. We’ll work on catching up new hires and give you 12 cents every 15-20 years for COLA. #thankfulforgenerouscompany
I posted about full time wages if you care to reread it.

Inthegame

What are talking about? You didn't work for UPS twenty years ago and when you applied at UPS you knew and accepted the pay rate offered. But you're not part time anymore, you're a full timer through progression with a far superior health plan, and a solvent, higher paying pension.
Write your tractor up tonight, you may have diesel fumes leaking in the cab, possibly causing some mental disturbance.

PTers did that to themselves...now this starting wage bump looks significant compared to 10 or 11 bucks an hour. The result of years of silence and indifference. I understand your cause, but you have a long road ahead.

cachmeifucan

They don't like you naming members is why they took it down.
Naming members
I could understand if ups wasn't making record profits and yuge tax cut of 13% on how many billion. But ups will reinvest the profit. Like they should. But collective bargaining means it's supposed to get better in good times that's why we renegotiate every 5 years and it's definitely gotten worse.

Future

Victory Ride
E5D7124E-CA0D-4B38-8D42-C9CF252A45F2.jpeg