If UPS Did Offer a Buyout....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was pt for 8 yrs, six in mgmt. I worked more than my five hours a day, every day, make me whole, and color me gone.
Mgt...really?? Well that explains why they harp on you so bad..lol....so do you get anything for those 6 pt management years??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I mean come on....have they EVER had a buyout for union employees..they would rather work us into the ground and have us go on disability than to pay a buyout....you guys should know better....silly drivers, buyouts are for management!!!

O/C

I mean come on....have they EVER had a buyout for union employees..they would rather work us into the ground and have us go on disability than to pay a buyout....you guys should know better....silly drivers, buyouts are for management!!!
Somebody has been doing their homework. It has been probably formulated on the percentages of union grunts that will be forced out before they will be eligible for full pension or health and welfare benefits. People we are dropping like flies, just more money in the company's profit margins.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You would think some how some way their thinking in the back of their mind to get rid of our payscale 1 day and pay newer guys less to top out. Come on you know how these sheisters roll lol. They would have to pay the union some bribe money to make it happen where they bought us out and bring in the lower top wage guys to start. Its not beyond the relm of reality with these cats. Do i think itll happen anytime soon? Nah but you learn to never say nothing is mpossible fo these idiots cause we all know they COULD SCREW UP A WET DREAM IN A HOT SECOND lol

You would think some how some way their thinking in the back of their mind to get rid of our payscale 1 day and pay newer guys less to top out. Come on you know how these sheisters roll lol. They would have to pay the union some bribe money to make it happen where they bought us out and bring in the lower top wage guys to start. Its not beyond the relm of reality with these cats. Do i think itll happen anytime soon? Nah but you learn to never say nothing is mpossible fo these idiots cause we all know they COULD SCREW UP A WET DREAM IN A HOT SECOND lol
How do you think this past contact passed???????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Mgt...really?? Well that explains why they harp on you so bad..lol....so do you get anything for those 6 pt management years??
Yes same as a pt employee, and they pay for it every day.....not by choice but what the heck. One hour of overallow at a time.

There was a 30+ year driver here a while ago who continued to work as he was helping his kid pay for college. He took exception when I told him that he needed to think about himself first and that his kid should pay his own way through school.
And he was well within his right to take exception to your statement. It's none of your damn business what he wants to do with his money.
I happen to do the same thing. I've already put one kid through college and have another one about to finish her second year. I'll have to work a few extra years to pay for it, but I think it's worth it. It's a sacrifice on my part so that my kids can get a head start on a better life than I've had. It's something my wife and I want to do for our kids so that they won't have to slave away at some medial chit job like I've got.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And he was well within his right to take exception to your statement. It's none of your damn business what he wants to do with his money.
I happen to do the same thing. I've already put one kid through college and have another one about to finish her second year. I'll have to work a few extra years to pay for it, but I think it's worth it. It's a sacrifice on my part so that my kids can get a head start on a better life than I've had. It's something my wife and I want to do for our kids so that they won't have to slave away at some medial chit job like I've got.

I also helped both of my kids through college but there is no way in hell I would have done so if it meant having to work a few extra years.

I refuse to let my finances dictate my retirement date.