If we are all so bitter and concerned?

LTFedExer

If FedEx ever implemented something like your ODS-E, the outcry on here would be incredible. I understand your old DIAD had to be holstered while the truck was running, not necessarily in motion....true? That alone would drive MFE to retirement, ready or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's funny you mention that. I was at a stop light heading to start my route when one of your couriers pulls up next to me. The first thing she does is reach for her PowerPad. I told her we aren't allowed to touch our DIADs while driving. She started to respond but then the light changed.

whenIgetthere

It's funny you mention that. I was at a stop light heading to start my route when one of your couriers pulls up next to me. The first thing she does is reach for her PowerPad. I told her we aren't allowed to touch our DIADs while driving. She started to respond but then the light changed.

We are supposed to keep our bricks holstered unless the vehicle is stopped, in park and engine off. Many couriers don't. I know of one courier who had an accident while texting while operating a W700, but his manager covered it up, and no one from Fedex was ever the wiser!

chargerlou

Im over 40 and have not many other options. Im so for a union especially when I see the guys in brown doing the same type of work that I do making $26 bucks an hour starting off. The same area where Fed Ex express couriers make around $14 starting off.. I have my chute packed and am ready to jump .. Its gonna be tough at my age starting over again but it has come down to this..

I'd say the guys in brown have more stops and bulk and telematics to deal with , which is something you dont know anything about..[/QUOT

I don't mind the bulk stops and anything else as long as I'm being compensated fairly....

Goldilocks

I believe that the GPS in our PD is already activated. On the Gap, they can tell whether you are at the customers location or just down the street entering your POD. Be careful....

GPS is DEFINITELY not active as of right now. Gap reports do not show or give the managers any ability to tell exactly where a scan occurs in relation to location. I know once it is activated there will be a way for this to occur, but it's not in the very near future. It'll be interesting to see when GPS finally is turned on in the PPad if Fedex makes couriers aware of it being active. If they turn it on "silently", they could very easily fire at least 25% of couriers within the first week for falsifying....I guarantee it.

SmithBarney

GPS isn't active because the PPAD is already maxed on power consumption a 10hr day will leave you with 10% battery remaining, if the GPS was active you would be looking at a dead battery by noon.

The PPAD unfortunately is an off the shelf item with little consideration to design for FedEx.(ie they went the cheap route)

Goldilocks

GPS is DEFINITELY not active as of right now. Gap reports do not show or give the managers any ability to tell exactly where a scan occurs in relation to location. I know once it is activated there will be a way for this to occur, but it's not in the very near future. It'll be interesting to see when GPS finally is turned on in the PPad if Fedex makes couriers aware of it being active. If they turn it on "silently", they could very easily fire at least 25% of couriers within the first week for falsifying....I guarantee it.

Trust me, then if not GPS there is something else because that GAP report tells all. A courier picked up a drop box early and drove off and scanned his pkgs later during that evening, well on the gap it showed the location he scanned the pkgs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When our center went live on Telematics they did not tell us for two weeks as they wanted to establish a baseline. They posted daily reports and spoke with individual drivers and as a center we have improved in all metrics.

franknitty

I always assume I'm being watched everyday, GPS or not. Even though I'm hitting my goals I know without a shadow of a doubt I'm under survaillance. No worries, no skin off my teeth. I'm always aware of my surroundings, always looking in my rearview mirrors. so what else is new ?

NO LOVE FOR FEDEX EXPRESS MANAGEMENT ! That is all.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Trust me, then if not GPS there is something else because that GAP report tells all. A courier picked up a drop box early and drove off and scanned his pkgs later during that evening, well on the gap it showed the location he scanned the pkgs.

Where on the GAP report? I've seen nothing like that on the ones I've looked at. All I've seen is the time of the stop, how many pkgs, and the amount of time it took to get to that stop from the one before it.

Goldilocks

Where on the GAP report? I've seen nothing like that on the ones I've looked at. All I've seen is the time of the stop, how many pkgs, and the amount of time it took to get to that stop from the one before it.

Not sure Dano, this was just told to me by our Station Lead...It happen to him....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I think they enable the GPS as needed, as in the example of the employee (mentioned in an earlier post) who was fired for falsification. They also could have proved it by following them, but because the recipient was a highly secured location I suspect they used the GPS for a real-time location to show he wasn't where he claimed he was.

FedEx2000

I think they enable the GPS as needed, as in the example of the employee (mentioned in an earlier post) who was fired for falsification. They also could have proved it by following them, but because the recipient was a highly secured location I suspect they used the GPS for a real-time location to show he wasn't where he claimed he was.

If this is even possible, it's definitely done above the station level. We have absolutely no way to do this, no access the Ppad remotely or any way to access the software. GPS is not active, heck, the camera on the back isn't even enabled.

Goldi: A GAP report in no way indicates exactly where a scan occured either, when yes, where no.

Goldilocks

i am actually thinking about what i could go back to school and learn.. but realisticaly i dont know if i could sit in a class and ..learn something after driving a truck and wearing shorts for so many years. this whole not knowing thing sucks, specially cuz...i actually like my job

I think all of us feel this way. Bottom line, we like our jobs but hate the politics. Thats just the way it is with all companies. Ask your customers. Employees are being squeezed to death.