Illinois

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nope.
They come down here and expect Governments to provide the services in the states they moved from.
friend:censored2:ing maroons.
This is especially true in Texas with a lot of Yankees and left-coasters moving from the Dimwit states.
I moved to Texas in the oil boom years in the mid eighties. It was easy for us Yankees to get a job because we actually showed up for work and moved faster than a snail. Even in my early twenties I could see without the transient northerners you might as well give the state back to Mexico. Just one mans observation.

vantexan

I moved to Texas in the oil boom years in the mid eighties. It was easy for us Yankees to get a job because we actually showed up for work and moved faster than a snail. Even in my early twenties I could see without the transient northerners you might as well give the state back to Mexico. Just one mans observation.
That's interesting because when I moved to Connecticut from Memphis in '88 I had never encountered so many who constantly tried to get out of work like I did in Stamford, CT.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A28B04C2-D22A-40F8-8324-57BA142FBEA0.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
I’m from a rural area. Many here drive 40-50 miles one way to work and a lot even work right over the state line. Lots of those people will simply go ahead and move where they work
Same thing is happening in NY and their governor was whining about people leaving.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I’m from a rural area. Many here drive 40-50 miles one way to work and a lot even work right over the state line. Lots of those people will simply go ahead and move where they work
Probably a good thing.
Lots of people here work in the city but live in the suburbs to dodge the taxes that pay for the city services they use everyday. It's a problem without a great solution.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was asking any evidence that people leave because of the $15 minimum wage. It has happened in many places.
In the cities it won’t matter much. In rural areas close to state lines small business will just move across state lines.

The difference is 1. This is state wide
2. People are already fleeing Illinois and each thing is another straw on the camels back for a lot of people.