Illinois

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How do you feel about that.
I wish we’d wait until a few more states did it. So you don’t just have pot heads moving here to legally smoke (yes I know plenty of people smoke and are not pot heads) but overall I’m for the legalization.

Now I don’t think it’s the be all end all to the states budget woes like many do.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I wish we’d wait until a few more states did it. So you don’t just have pot heads moving here to legally smoke (yes I know plenty of people smoke and are not pot heads) but overall I’m for the legalization.

Now I don’t think it’s the be all end all to the states budget woes like many do.
I agree with all that but ...
because the National government has had their head up their ass for the last 50+ years, their has been very few studies on how cannabis affects the mind low-term or whether it truly is a 'miracle' cure/treatment for all the ails and aches that they claim it does.
I do wish on a personal level that it was legal in Georgia, my common sense says, let a few states make it legal for recreational and then do ten years worth of studies.

I personally know for a fact that smoking/vaping it can cause depression if taken in large amounts to counter chronic pain.
I take it for chronic, ongoing pain via edible medium which doesn't seem to affect my motor skills (getting stoned) and doesn't affect my motivation. I wish I knew if it is hurting me long term ... which in my case is 15 - 20 years before my death.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree with all that but ...
because the National government has had their head up their ass for the last 50+ years, their has been very few studies on how cannabis affects the mind low-term or whether it truly is a 'miracle' cure/treatment for all the ails and aches that they claim it does.
I do wish on a personal level that it was legal in Georgia, my common sense says, let a few states make it legal for recreational and then do ten years worth of studies.

I personally know for a fact that smoking/vaping it can cause depression if taken in large amounts to counter chronic pain.
I take it for chronic, ongoing pain via edible medium which doesn't seem to affect my motor skills (getting stoned) and doesn't affect my motivation. I wish I knew if it is hurting me long term ... which in my case is 15 - 20 years before my death.
You know there’s a lot of stuff in that bill about expunging old criminal defenses and such.

Wonder if they’ll go as far as making it illegal for employers to punish employees for smoking. Sounds like something Illinois would do.

It will be fine

I just don’t get it. You still broke the law.

When the speed limits went up did they go back and expunge everyone’s speeding tickets?
Incarcerating people for something that is no longer illegal is a giant waste of money. Keeping convictions on their records prevents their gainful employment lowering taxable income for the state. I don’t get why we imprison so many people for nonviolent offenses to begin with.

MAKAVELI

Incarcerating people for something that is no longer illegal is a giant waste of money. Keeping convictions on their records prevents their gainful employment lowering taxable income for the state. I don’t get why we imprison so many people for nonviolent offenses to begin with.
Quite simple - The Prison Industrial Complex.