I'm Boycotting Chinese Goods As Much As Possible

floridays

corporations are traitors

look up documentary "the corporation"
Corporations hold allegiance to maximized profit, period.
Shareholder gain, it's the boards job as fiduciary.

You got a point?

Look up failed co-ops, lazy :poop: 's abound, feeding off the productive until it was dissolved.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Wasn't this "war" basically lost in the late 80s and through the 90s when China was wholesale buying up bad banking debts and buying every bit of financial institutions they could snap up?

floridays

Wasn't this "war" basically lost in the late 80s and through the 90s when China was wholesale buying up bad banking debts and buying every bit of financial institutions they could snap up?
Yes and no.
We can refuse to pay the debt.
Big money people would fail.
If you, on a personal (micro) basis buy bad debt as you say, and it is no longer covered, who is the risk holder?
I'm walking myself through this with you.
Help me with and answer.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Yes and no.
We can refuse to pay the debt.
Big money people would fail.
If you on a personal (micro) basis buy bad debt as you say, and it is no longer covered, who is the risk holder?
I'm walking myself through this with you.
Help me with and answer.
My understanding of buying up bad debt(and I'm not saying that I'm correct) is that you are leveraging the debt to now be backed by someone/thing(business, gov't entity, wealthy individual) and that eases the risk factor of becoming involved with said company. The backer isn't concerned about loss in the short term. It's a shoehorn to get into a business and slowly take control of what is valuable within it. Contracts, charters, things of that nature.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I don't recall Japan as being who tripped the alarm here of 'holy cow, how'd they get so invested in us' that seemingly came out of nowhere and dominated the news cycle for a long time. From what I remember, the huge concern with Japan and other countries was how they were coming here and through superior education being hired enmass into all the lucrative jobs.

floridays

My understanding of buying up bad debt(and I'm not saying that I'm correct) is that you are leveraging the debt to now be backed by someone/thing(business, gov't entity, wealthy individual) and that eases the risk factor of becoming involved with said company. The backer isn't concerned about loss in the short term. It's a shoehorn to get into a business and slowly take control of what is valuable within it. Contracts, charters, things of that nature.
Right, when the backing fails to perform you're left holding something.
In my part of town it's called a dick. Clutch it well, it's your best friend.

floridays

I don't recall Japan as being who tripped the alarm here of 'holy cow, how'd they get so invested in us' that seemingly came out of nowhere and dominated the news cycle for a long time. From what I remember, the huge concern with Japan and other countries was how they were coming here and through superior education being hired enmass into all the lucrative jobs.
Individuals from Japan invested heavily in the US, best decision they made most likely.
The fear in this nation that Japan owned to many assets, property included was unfounded and proven not to be a liability.

vantexan

In the 80's and 90's there was definitely a fear of Japan taking over everything as they were doing so well. China hadn't morphed yet into what it is now.

rickyb

Corporations hold allegiance to maximized profit, period.
Shareholder gain, it's the boards job as fiduciary.

You got a point?

Look up failed co-ops, lazy :poop: 's abound, feeding off the productive until it was dissolved.
yea corporations use the symbols of nationalism but are traitors

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We will eventually have to learn mandarin
They were saying the same thing about Japan years ago.

Hopefully the same fate befalls China to keep their power in check.

A rising tide rises all boats or sumting like that as long as the US rules the seas.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
They were saying the same thing about Japan years ago.

Hopefully the same fate befalls China to keep their power in check.

A rising tide rises all boats or sumting like that as long as the US rules the seas.

I don’t think the USA will ever be invaded. I mean anything possible, but our military is superior. China navy isn’t great. I’m just saying mandarin will be a popular language like Spanish at some point.