I'm Done, Out On My Time

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@scratch

I forgot to ask.... did you not get the 20 and 25 year shadow box plaques ?

Or, are you missing others ?

1605532475676.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@scratch

I forgot to ask.... did you not get the 20 and 25 year shadow box plaques ?

Or, are you missing others ?

View attachment 317707
I did not get the fancy wood-framed plaques for my 20 and 25 years anniversaries. I don't know if they were even offered back then. I did get a gold class-type ring on my 25th. I miss those award catalogs, I still use the miter saw/drill press combo I got back in the day. I was supposed to get a letter in the mail with a link to order a retirement gift, I still haven't seen that. I did finally take my wife out for a special dinner last night at Bones Steakhouse in Buckhead.

fullsizeoutput_168f.jpeg
GcXDXVzGSfKFMkxyePKW7A.jpg

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I did not get the fancy wood-framed plaques for my 20 and 25 years anniversaries. I don't know if they were even offered back then. I did get a gold class-type ring on my 25th. I miss those award catalogs, I still use the miter saw/drill press combo I got back in the day. I was supposed to get a letter in the mail with a link to order a retirement gift, I still haven't seen that. I did finally take my wife out for a special dinner last night at Bones Steakhouse in Buckhead.

View attachment 317712View attachment 317713
20201116_121902.jpg

That's all you, hoss.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

View attachment 317712View attachment 317713
Congrats. Enjoy it. It is definitely well deserved.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was tempted to get that Japanese Wagyu A4 8 ounce New York Strip, this is one of only six steakhouses in the country that sells it. You can ask them to see the paperwork that certifies its authenticity. They know when the cow was born, what it ate, when it was harvested, and how it was graded. $17.25 an ounce, I passed on it for the dry-aged bone-in ribeye. Usually, I just love to eat good bbq. I had always wanted to try this place, it's good to splurge for special occasions. Besides the food being excellent, we had three servers that pampered us.

542thruNthru

I was tempted to get that Japanese Wagyu A4 8 ounce New York Strip, this is one of only six steakhouses in the country that sells it. You can ask them to see the paperwork that certifies its authenticity. They know when the cow was born, what it ate, when it was harvested, and how it was graded. $17.25 an ounce, I passed on it for the dry-aged bone-in ribeye. Usually, I just love to eat good bbq. I had always wanted to try this place, it's good to splurge for special occasions. Besides the food being excellent, we had three servers that pampered us.
I was thinking to myself "I'd buy that Wagyu New York strip."

Probably melts in your mouth like butter.

rod

Retired 22 years
I suppose they wanted a tip. Did you leave them a shiney quarter?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I suppose they wanted a tip. Did you leave them a shiney quarter?
I left them a lot of shiny quarters. $240 bill. Extra $80 tip for them and $20 for the valet parking. I tip well for good service. My first job was in a restaurant and I know they live off tips. I have some friends in the hospitality business that are hurting bad from the covid shutdown. They leave every other table here empty to space people apart.

Zowert

congrats, enjoy. i had 237 stops today. at one stop in particular the lady was expecting 2 packages, i told her i could only find one (370 on my truck) she said "oh it's another target box just like this one" and i said well, that narrows it down to about 100 packages. i'll be back when i find it.
I hate that crap. If they insist I get it for them I pop the rear door and tell them they can look for it.

Anyway. Enjoy retirement Scratch. I’m insanely jealous, I have another twenty years of this BS.

rod

Retired 22 years
I left them a lot of shiny quarters. $240 bill. Extra $80 tip for them and $20 for the valet parking. I tip well for good service. My first job was in a restaurant and I know they live off tips. I have some friends in the hospitality business that are hurting bad from the covid shutdown. They leave every other table here empty to space people apart.
Did Ma put out after that treat? :-)