I'm Done, Out On My Time

rod

Retired 22 years
I wouldn't go back even if I was offered triple time! Peak was always just a headache to me. I never really made a lot of OT, I would just knock it out and go home. I despised Helpers and working in the dark.
I wondered about you for awhile (working all those years) but its good you see you are finally coming around--:-)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I agree beech, 15 yrs too much
Not everybody lives with the same circumstances. I'm the only wage earner in my house. Wife went legally blind twenty years ago. It would have been fantastic if she had been able to work as an RN like she wanted. And I started part time at the age of 17 and I'm 62 now. I'm in very good shape for my age.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The last three days have been a blast. Good weather and decent stop counts. I got out before Amazon Prime Day really hit, I won't have to deal with Driver's Helpers, and I will never deliver a package in the dark again.
Congratulations, enjoy your retirement!

ManInBrown

You know there's at least one guy who's champing at the bit to bid that gravy route.
It won’t stay a gravy route when the next driver gets it. We had a guy retire years ago, wife came in whole ceremony. At the very end the center manager looks at him and says, now I can add 40 more stops to the route.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It won’t stay a gravy route when the next driver gets it. We had a guy retire years ago, wife came in whole ceremony. At the very end the center manager looks at him and says, now I can add 40 more stops to the route.
It will either be a training route or stop count will increase dramatically. Happens every time

quad decade guy

Not everybody lives with the same circumstances. I'm the only wage earner in my house. Wife went legally blind twenty years ago. It would have been fantastic if she had been able to work as an RN like she wanted. And I started part time at the age of 17 and I'm 62 now. I'm in very good shape for my age.
Interesting. While I'm excoriated for still working after 40 years....you get a soft pass. Yet, I'm ONLY 58. Waiting for 65 for Medicare but have seriously considered 62. My wife stayed home and raised our kid. There were many lean years although things are much better and brighter except for the whole wife's cancer thing now. Yeah, everyone's experience is different and right for that person. But not here on BC.

With all respect and congratulations: be well, luck and relax. Take care.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Interesting. While I'm excoriated for still working after 40 years....you get a soft pass. Yet, I'm ONLY 58. Waiting for 65 for Medicare but have seriously considered 62. My wife stayed home and raised our kid. There were many lean years although things are much better and brighter except for the whole wife's cancer thing now. Yeah, everyone's experience is different and right for that person. But not here on BC.

Oh, I've caught hell for continuing to work past thirty years on BC and at work. My first eight years were part time and didn't count towards a full thirty years pension. I have stated two or three times on here about my wife's condition to try to explain. I never posted her eyesight loss for sympathy, I was just trying to explain that we all don't have another income helping with finances. Some certain members and past members simply couldn't grasp that concept and I was accused of not being able to handle finances. I have done pretty well despite our circumstances. Some of my co-workers have wives that make more money than them, that's great. I always had planned to work until Social Security age if I could. I have always tried to take good care of myself and I used my seniority to stay on residential routes where I handled about 200 packages a day. I always took my hour lunch and I filed 9/5 grievances every time I was over dispatched. If you don't stand up for yourself than nobody is going to do it for you. We will still be on Teamcare until age 65 so you should get out like me. Going on Medicare and then buying a supplemental scares me with the way our national healthcare system is, Obamacare is the worst piece of legislation I have ever seen.

quad decade guy

Oh, I've caught hell for continuing to work past thirty years on BC and at work. My first eight years were part time and didn't count towards a full thirty years pension. I have stated two or three times on here about my wife's condition to try to explain. I never posted her eyesight loss for sympathy, I was just trying to explain that we all don't have another income helping with finances. Some certain members and past members simply couldn't grasp that concept and I was accused of not being able to handle finances. I have done pretty well despite our circumstances. Some of my co-workers have wives that make more money than them, that's great. I always had planned to work until Social Security age if I could. I have always tried to take good care of myself and I used my seniority to stay on residential routes where I handled about 200 packages a day. I always took my hour lunch and I filed 9/5 grievances every time I was over dispatched. If you don't stand up for yourself than nobody is going to do it for you. We will still be on Teamcare until age 65 so you should get out like me. Going on Medicare and then buying a supplemental scares me with the way our national healthcare system is, Obamacare is the worst piece of legislation I have ever seen.
Screw the financial geniuses on here. I suspect I wouldn't trade with them for anything. Have fun. BTW, it doesn't seem to register with them that I'm scheduled to make another million in the next 7 years. I can't fix stupid.

Except I will have to pay for it. I don't know about you. That's not part of my plan.

clean hairy

If you had retired, would you and Wife both be subjected to the 250k limit in medical?