I'm frustrated

UPS Lifer

I've seen this one go both ways. There is some risk for the center manager to do what you want him to do. If you go out TAW with a helper and somehow reinjure the ankle or make it worse then not only are you hurt worse but he gets shot for being the dumass that made that decision. I've seen managers make that call to send you out but in todays world he is probably going to play it safe ( no pun intended) and let you go through the TAW process in the office.

I love your gung ho attitude and appreciate what it is you want to do for us.

So Tie, If you were his manager what would you do? I know what I would do.

upsgrunt

That's a great question Lifer-
I am interested in both of your answers; just because I want to know your line of reasoning.

UPS Lifer

That's a great question Lifer-
I am interested in both of your answers; just because I want to know your line of reasoning.

I would talk with the driver, but it sounds like his has a note to be cleared to drive but that is it. I would make sure the driver (Sober) was OK with that. I would also make sure he understood that if conditions change and he can't do it he must call it quits and I would give him inside work.

If something went wrong, I would not worry about protecting my butt because I made the best call with the information I had and I would let anyone trying to second guess my decision that they better back off. But the key info here is that the doctor signs off. If not.... then Sober has to sit in the office.

upsgrunt

I would talk with the driver, but it sounds like his has a note to be cleared to drive but that is it. I would make sure the driver (Sober) was OK with that. I would also make sure he understood that if conditions change and he can't do it he must call it quits and I would give him inside work.

If something went wrong, I would not worry about protecting my butt because I made the best call with the information I had and I would let anyone trying to second guess my decision that they better back off. But the key info here is that the doctor signs off. If not.... then Sober has to sit in the office.

Sounds very fair and reasonable to me. I kind of had a hunch you would whip out an level headed answer like that. UPS needs more like you.

DorkHead

I admire your pride but......what if your toe never heels right? You have SEVEN MORE YEARS LEFT!! It`s possible you can do further damage to it by not resting it. Then what? Take care of yourself. No one else will. UPS will get by. Think about your family and your health.

UPS HAD more of them at one time. They are almost all gone now.
Not arguing your point but are "they" really gone? or is it just the attitude that has "left the building"?
I know at one time I was as gungho as Sober, but over the years I began to realize just how unimportant I was to the management of the day. Sure, during peak they need every warm body they have just to get everything done. When peak is done and the volume drops, we are just a pain in their butts. The overwhelming fact is, regardless of how well we preform during peak season, or last week, come January the 2nd or the next Monday, they will not hesitate to throw any of us under the bus.

Sober I hope all is going well and the toe is getting better.