I'm Gonna Go Postal, err, UPStal

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Damn, I didn't even get a chance to take a shot...:knockedout:

just kidding dude. Good luck and remember, at UPS - its not who you are or what you know, it's how long you've done it and how long you can keep it going...

hyena

I agree with all of that....except the snow on the streets thing, that's why I left up north. How old is this guy that he just doesn't get what we're saying? He reminds me of that kid in that movie, you know, Spider, in Goodfella's. Well, maybe that's a bad example. Here's one, nah, that's no good either. I have it. BBAG? You may have been able to jump over the heads of all of the other guys at McDonalds, Toys R Us, Target or wherever it is you have worked before. It ain't gonna happen here, at UPS, my naive friend. Take everyone's advice and zip it. Work hard at your present job and when you move up, work hard there too. Today is all we have. You have no idea what tomorrow brings, so just accept the fate of the working man.
Didnt Spider get killed? lol

hyena

Damn, I didn't even get a chance to take a shot...:knockedout:

just kidding dude. Good luck and remember, at UPS - its not who you are or what you know, it's how long you've done it and how long you can keep it going...
Your right its WHO YOU KNOW **********************! And remember I only say what I see!

Last edited by a moderator:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Didnt Spider get killed? lol

Yep, Tommy (Joe Pesci) shot him in the foot during a poker game for being slow with the drinks. Once his foot healed, Tommy kept making fun of him so Spider told him to go to hell. 7 rounds to the chest and a 6' deep hole for Spider....

hyena

Yep, Tommy (Joe Pesci) shot him in the foot during a poker game for being slow with the drinks. Once his foot healed, Tommy kept making fun of him so Spider told him to go to hell. 7 rounds to the chest and a 6' deep hole for Spider....
Amen!

JustTired

free at last.......
Just an observation and not directed at anyone. The tone of this post got me thinking.

I'm sure all of us at one point seen someone come off the street and their first day they acted as if they had been there for years. You know..... not one of the 3-4, that started out that way, made it past 6 months in our center.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just an observation and not directed at anyone. The tone of this post got me thinking.

I'm sure all of us at one point seen someone come off the street and their first day they acted as if they had been there for years. You know..... not one of the 3-4, that started out that way, made it past 6 months in our center.

Its called humility. The best definition I have ever heard of humility is "the ability to remain teachable." If you already think you know it all, you wont be able to learn anything else.

over9five

Staff member
Well, this has been fun.

Obviously, unintentionally alienated myself here. Between the Toadys atatbl & Pretty Steve with a little re-raise thrown in, this place is no longer fun for me, and that is all it was ever supposed to be.

Good luck to you all,

Mike

It's still fun, relax! In a forum, there'll always be people who don't agree with you.

And you're right. Steve is a looker!

<did i say that out loud?>

over9five

Staff member
Hmmmm.....Nice censorship.

SX2700,

Please feel free to read the TOS. It can be found here.

"It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated."

tieguy

Banned
Reading back through this Its a strange thread. I guess there were a few deleted posts at the end?

Anyway BBAG don't sulk. Give us more detail on what the sup keeps promising you that has you in a tither. Don't take the responses personally. UPSers as a whole are can do types. We don't get too bogged down with dissapointments. But if you want to tell us what the sup promised that he can't deliver then it might help this thread that has twisted into other directions.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Reading back through this Its a strange thread. I guess there were a few deleted posts at the end?

Anyway BBAG don't sulk. Give us more detail on what the sup keeps promising you that has you in a tither. Don't take the responses personally. UPSers as a whole are can do types. We don't get too bogged down with dissapointments. But if you want to tell us what the sup promised that he can't deliver then it might help this thread that has twisted into other directions.

The problem is that BBAG came in thinking he was going to just "do it" - go from part time to full-time package car, simply because he had more on the resume, experience, or whatever skills and ability to make the jump that others don't. Once you have those expectations, and they're not completely fufilled, the end result is dissapointment in one way or another. This is almost always brought, or at least partly aided by, a supervisor or manager that will say absolutely anything to keep something simmering on the back burner instead of scolding hot on the plate.

The issue between him and browncafe is that he has been very secretive and guarded about what type of driving he's been doing. Saturday air drivers/work are something alot of centers are DYING for. and his idea was that when we told him driving at UPS is not easy to do, and secondly not easy to ATTAIN. I just believe he thought that getting into those browns was what we were talking about, but it isn't at all and never was.

sx2700

Banned
SX2700,

"It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals, their ideas or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated."

I never made any derogatory personal comments about individuals. It wasn't directed at any individual. It was a generalized comment that at least one person picked up on. Maybe I should have used everybody else's favorite term "idiot", which is thrown at somebody on virtually every thread and is never deleted or edited, which is far more offensive than dick. I don't even want to imagine what goes through your mind when you are reading posts and deleting them at random because you think they are derogatory or offensive, when in fact they are most likely not derogatory and hardly offensive to somebody with a mentallity higher than a 3rd grader. So I guess you can keep deleting posts or maybe just start banning people all together since you deem yourself the moral authority of this forum. Whatever dude......

atatbl

I support this thread.

Except for Over's moderation of a hilarious comment.

make derogatory personal comments

Was not what he was doing at all. In fact, after having several conversations with you on here, I would be willing to bet you would have enjoyed it had you realized what he meant that comment to be.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
SX2700,

I started to read this, BrownCafe.com cannot take the place of a......, and was overwhelmed by all the verbage. Is that what I agreed to? Was I flamed without even feeling the burn? I'm sensing a little hostility from you sx. I totally understand how you feel and what you are trying to say. I just think that you were censored because of your choice of word and the strength with which you used said word. Next time you should try using the word, Wee Wee.:happy-very: