I'm not hearing much about global warming now days.

rod

Retired 22 years
They've changed it to climate change, but they still mean global warming, and specifically anthropogenic global warming. Climate change is self-evident, which is why the alarmists have co-opted the term and redefined it. So when reasonable people agree that climate change is happening, the alarmists understand that to mean that you agree that global warming is happening, that it is almost entirely caused by human activity, and that it must be stopped at any cost, including the intentional near extinction of mankind.

bbsam

Staff member
I headed home from NY via I90 Erie Pa. on Christmas Day to try and beat the storm. Growing up on the Lake Ive seen large snowfall. This was epic. Stuck on 90 for hours because traffic was stopped while the snow just kept falling. Northeast Pa. People in cars were stuck as we sat so long. People were in the median standing on their cars waving for help. I have no idea how they got there as snow was piled 4 ft high on what appeared to be the edge of the road from plows hours earlier.

When I would finally get to an exit, it was clogged with wrecks and people stuck on the ramp. Gas lines wrapped around the truck stops.

When we finally got off 90 at Wesleyville headed North to rt 20. Absolutely nothing was plowed. Thankful I kind of knew the area. It was like an alley with cars stuck everywhere. half in half out of driveways, or just couldnt move anymore in the road. And the wind was terrible. Total white outs for minutes on end. Finally got to 79 headed south to pittsburgh. There was no snow 10 miles from Erie. Usually takes me 2.5 hrs to get home from NY state line, took 7.5. It was very scary.

And with 16 more inches coming on top if the 65 they have, I bet they are praying for some of that global warming.
They've changed it to climate change, but they still mean global warming, and specifically anthropogenic global warming. Climate change is self-evident, which is why the alarmists have co-opted the term and redefined it. So when reasonable people agree that climate change is happening, the alarmists understand that to mean that you agree that global warming is happening, that it is almost entirely caused by human activity, and that it must be stopped at any cost, including the intentional near extinction of mankind.

The frigid weather patterns are just repeats every so often. All of my 70 years in many locations, freeze happens, heat happens. It's called weather!

According to Al Gore the North Pole is supposed to be ice free now.

climate change isn't sexy enough for 24/7 media coverage

Then what caused global climate change before the rise of humans and on Mars where there are no humans?

Might be too sciency for those who refuse to look beyond just outside their front window but...

Weather Questions & Answers

You guys remember the hurricanes, right?

bbsam

Staff member
If everybody looked out their front or back window, the world is covered!!! As far as hurricanes, they come every year and vary in strength!
Incorrect. They have been coming more frequently and in stronger intensity. But again, that's science stuff so...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Incorrect. They have been coming more frequently and in stronger intensity. But again, that's science stuff so...
Some winters are light some are fierce.......same thing only with winters. Some summers are blistering hot, some are mild. Some people are tall and some are short. Some people are brown, some are red, some are white etc. See the picture?

bbsam

Staff member
Some winters are light some are fierce.......same thing only with winters. Some summers are blistering hot, some are mild. Some people are tall and some are short. Some people are brown, some are red, some are white etc. See the picture?
No. I see idiocy and science deniers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not actually.
The occurrence of hurricanes has decreased but the intensity of the strongest 'canes has increased due to increased water temperature.
This is due to wind shear at higher altitudes which is prevalent during an El Nina weather pattern.

Last edited: