I'm not hearing much about global warming now days.

vantexan

Summer and Fall are always hot and dry out here. Ttku.....
For the life of me I don't know why you are arguing this as if it's a good thing. Ask any firefighter would he rather, strictly in terms of forest fires, have drought conditions or normal rainfall? If there's normal rainfall there will be enough moisture in the forests to lessen, or mitigate, the intensity of forest fires. Not to mention that all the serious fires you've had in the drought have burned up a lot of fuel on the forest floor. Be thankful this is so instead of trying to get bragging rights for the most bad ass fires of any state.

MAKAVELI

For the life of me I don't know why you are arguing this as if it's a good thing. Ask any firefighter would he rather, strictly in terms of forest fires, have drought conditions or normal rainfall? If there's normal rainfall there will be enough moisture in the forests to lessen, or mitigate, the intensity of forest fires. Not to mention that all the serious fires you've had in the drought have burned up a lot of fuel on the forest floor. Be thankful this is so instead of trying to get bragging rights for the most bad ass fires of any state.
For the life of me I don't know why you are trying to argue that wildfires will be mitigated by the rain we've gotten this year. Obviously drought years are worse but all the new growth in wet winters does eventually dry out providing more fuel for fires. Not trying to brag, just pointing out the reality of fire season out west.

vantexan

For the life of me I don't know why you are trying to argue that wildfires will be mitigated by the rain we've gotten this year. Obviously drought years are worse but all the new growth in wet winters does eventually dry out providing more fuel for fires. Not trying to brag, just pointing out the reality of fire season out west.
Bragger!

vantexan

P.S. The new growth will be much less a problem than all the deadwood California let accumulate for decades rather than manage their forests properly. Like we do in the South!

MAKAVELI

P.S. The new growth will be much less a problem than all the deadwood California let accumulate for decades rather than manage their forests properly. Like we do in the South!
How do you manage 33 million acres of forest? Of which 19 million is federal land.