I'm not hearing much about global warming now days.

oldngray

nowhere special
z-funny-pics-2.jpg

MAKAVELI

You wierdos over think everything. Sometimes it hot-sometimes its cold. Sometimes the ozone gets thinner sometimes it gets thicker. Its as simple as that. Ice ages-hot spells. Mother earth will decide when its time is up--not mankind. Global warming my ass.
Um, I'm pretty sure it's a proven fact CFCs depleted the Ozone layer.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Go suck the tailpipe of a running car. Tell me how it makes you feel.
Now, multiply that by a kajillion and ask yourself how this could possibly NOT affect our atmosphere.
Have to ask @Indecisi0n about sucking something that hot and big.
I have been high from fumes so multiplying that by a kajillion would affect our atmosphere by making it really, really high.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
According to USA Today Wednesday night and/or Thursday night ALL 50 states will experience frost. That includes Hawaii and Florida. Global warming my ass.
WARNING:
It gets really stupid after the above post by Rod.

However, if you want to get some laughs, read betwixt Rod's post and this one.

dudebro

You wierdos over think everything. Sometimes it hot-sometimes its cold. Sometimes the ozone gets thinner sometimes it gets thicker. Its as simple as that. Ice ages-hot spells. Mother earth will decide when its time is up--not mankind. Global warming my ass.

Dude, sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's cold on Mercury, but I wouldn't want to live there. This really isn't a good argument.

Then you use the example of a climate issue we actually fixed. The ozone layer got thinner because we were using CFCs and now it's (maybe) getting thicker because we're not.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
This is one of the easier subjects to keep an argument going in.
It's just wierd to me that people have a difficult time grasping the fact that we affect the planet negatively. Of course we do! I understand that some are wary of propaganda and don't want to buy into the Al Gore "we've screwed ourselves" mentality. But for God's sake, when you pump poison into the air for over 100 years how could that not affect the planet? It just reminds me of a kid saying "everybody else is doing it so who cares." Lack of responsibility.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's just wierd to me that people have a difficult time grasping the fact that we affect the planet negatively. Of course we do! I understand that some are wary of propaganda and don't want to buy into the Al Gore "we've screwed ourselves" mentality. But for God's sake, when you pump poison into the air for over 100 years how could that not affect the planet? It just reminds me of a kid saying "everybody else is doing it so who cares." Lack of responsibility.

What do you mean by "poison"?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Industrial revolution....burning oil, toxic fumes. Ever been to LA? Power plants, carbon dioxide, none of this is good for a living being. And it's gotten exponentially worse with the growing population. Definetely not an expert on this, but you don't need to be an expert to be rational.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Chemtrails, duh.

The CIA, deep state, Illuminati, and god knows what other secret nefarious organizations have clearly been purposefully changing the weather for decades.

Geo-engineering is happening, people need to wake up!!!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Industrial revolution....burning oil, toxic fumes. Ever been to LA? Power plants, carbon dioxide, none of this is good for a living being. And it's gotten exponentially worse with the growing population. Definetely not an expert on this, but you don't need to be an expert to be rational.

You understand that life wouldn't exist without carbon dioxide, right? Carbon dioxide is not poisonous, that's why I asked for clarification about your word choice.

Even cfc's are extremely stable compounds. Their concentration in the stratosphere is not expected to start dropping for another 30 to 50 years, as such, according to cfc ozone depleting theory, the ozone should still be in as bad of shape as it was in the 80's, or worse. Any other poisons you care to discuss?

Sportello

You understand that life wouldn't exist without carbon dioxide, right? Carbon dioxide is not poisonous, that's why I asked for clarification about your word choice.

Even cfc's are extremely stable compounds. Their concentration in the stratosphere is not expected to start dropping for another 30 to 50 years, as such, according to cfc ozone depleting theory, the ozone should still be in as bad of shape as it was in the 80's, or worse. Any other poisons you care to discuss?
Being a stable compound is not a benefit.

Any other chemistry you'd care to discuss?