I'm tired of the harassment from my Full-Time Supervisor!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Is it to late for me to put in my letter ?
tenor.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Never said the advice of a retiree is not valuable.

What I said was retirees, especially those who have been away for several years or more, should refrain from posting in the operations' threads, as they will be unaware of the changes that have taken place since they left.

I know absolutely nothing about the day to day operation of UPS anymore. I just pretend I do just to piss you off

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
First off, I'm a Pre-Loader of 3 years, It'll be 4 this August. Also, I'm on the Safety Committee, I have NO attendance problem, I do my best, and I go home.

I've been dealing with harassment from a Full-Time Supervisor for quite some time. By quite some time, I mean the first experience was in 2015. I went to HR and complained about his disrespect, intimidation, hostility, and towards me. I wrote fact sheets of the experiences and verbal exchanges I had with him, and even wrote them (HR) a letter of my concern. I even went as far as calling Corporate complaint.

I'll admit I had a misload problem back then. But when your full time talks down to you on multiple occasions. Denies you an option day. Then screams at you to get off his dock when all your trying to do is give him a written paper for the option day that was owed to you, it's hard to focus mentally. It got to the point where when peak season was in effect, he put me out in the air docks so we wouldn't be around each other. In a nutshell, I now wear glasses, he got moved to a different box line, and I get a 2 week suspension for misloads.

Time goes by, and it's now August of 2016. We have a new system where we have scanners that all us Pre Loaders use to keep misloads down. And the misload problem for me was dang near non-existent. Not much longer (September) this same Full-Time Supervisor comes back to my box line and I start to worry again.

At first he was cool, but my spirit/vibe didn't sit right because it never felt genuine. And I was right. Now, since I'm not meeting his expectations for the PPH (peices per hour) which for him is 225, he's always getting on me. He calls me lazy, said that my other co-worker are saying the same about me, said I was a bad example for a Safety Committee Member, and threatened to fire me.

He's told me and I quote "I don't care if you don't like me. I am your boss. I don't care if you tell your mom, your dad, or write another letter to HR again." I'm back to square one again, I've complained to my shop steward, and I've complained to HR with fact sheets.

Prior to me calling Corporate complaint again, He was giving me the silent treatment since I went to HR. Last Monday, I come in at the usual 2:30 am, but I noticed that everybody was already working, I was over an hour late to work. I called in Friday since I wasn't feeling good. So I had to idea the start times changed, But he never called me to see if I was coming in or anything. Ironically I go to my area, and guess who's loading my area, my Full-Time Supervisor. I told him I was sorry for being late. He never acknowledged me, and just walks away.

A couple days ago, during wrap up, one of my Part-Time Supervisors decided to stack me out which I'm not fond of at all. Next thing I know my Full-Timer walks down to me has the nerve to ask "why my area looked like this," when I wasn't the one that was even stacking. I told him "I'm doing the best I can." His reply to me was "that's not the answer I'm looking for" and goes to ask me the question again, and again. And I give him the same answer. The last thing I said to him before I shut down was "he's (my Part-Time Supervisor) the one stacking, me out not me." The last thing he said to my Part-Time Supervisor was "see, he's (me) disrespecting you and me." It's like he's trying to make my Part-Time Supervisor not like me when we've never had a problem. Sadly My Part-Time Supervisor just stood there and didn't say one word. This is when I called Corporate Complaint again.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not liking this place anymore :sad2: But I'm still staying strong. Sorry for the long opening post. I just needed to vent.

First thing you need to do is grieve both of them for doing your work

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Picking my battles. Besides, we're so understaffed that drivers wouldn't be leaving until 10am if the PT supervisors weren't working. We actually had one on a 3 car pull today. I like to think my pt supervisor team is reasonable, which they've been so far.

Not sure how being understaffed or what time drivers leave is your problem

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
How many misloads and for how long warrants a warning letter or repercussions?
Grieve any warning letter. If its unjust include a fact sheet. Keep it simple...
Ie.. other people have loaded my truck
People have loaded my truck while i was asked to do something else
Had misloads that was add cuts which i never recieved. Etc...
Ive seen too many deals cut because the grievant did give them any info to warrant letting the worker tell thier side of the story.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
First off, I'm a Pre-Loader of 3 years, It'll be 4 this August. Also, I'm on the Safety Committee, I have NO attendance problem, I do my best, and I go home.

I've been dealing with harassment from a Full-Time Supervisor for quite some time. By quite some time, I mean the first experience was in 2015. I went to HR and complained about his disrespect, intimidation, hostility, and towards me. I wrote fact sheets of the experiences and verbal exchanges I had with him, and even wrote them (HR) a letter of my concern. I even went as far as calling Corporate complaint.

I'll admit I had a misload problem back then. But when your full time talks down to you on multiple occasions. Denies you an option day. Then screams at you to get off his dock when all your trying to do is give him a written paper for the option day that was owed to you, it's hard to focus mentally. It got to the point where when peak season was in effect, he put me out in the air docks so we wouldn't be around each other. In a nutshell, I now wear glasses, he got moved to a different box line, and I get a 2 week suspension for misloads.

Time goes by, and it's now August of 2016. We have a new system where we have scanners that all us Pre Loaders use to keep misloads down. And the misload problem for me was dang near non-existent. Not much longer (September) this same Full-Time Supervisor comes back to my box line and I start to worry again.

At first he was cool, but my spirit/vibe didn't sit right because it never felt genuine. And I was right. Now, since I'm not meeting his expectations for the PPH (peices per hour) which for him is 225, he's always getting on me. He calls me lazy, said that my other co-worker are saying the same about me, said I was a bad example for a Safety Committee Member, and threatened to fire me.

He's told me and I quote "I don't care if you don't like me. I am your boss. I don't care if you tell your mom, your dad, or write another letter to HR again." I'm back to square one again, I've complained to my shop steward, and I've complained to HR with fact sheets.

Prior to me calling Corporate complaint again, He was giving me the silent treatment since I went to HR. Last Monday, I come in at the usual 2:30 am, but I noticed that everybody was already working, I was over an hour late to work. I called in Friday since I wasn't feeling good. So I had to idea the start times changed, But he never called me to see if I was coming in or anything. Ironically I go to my area, and guess who's loading my area, my Full-Time Supervisor. I told him I was sorry for being late. He never acknowledged me, and just walks away.

A couple days ago, during wrap up, one of my Part-Time Supervisors decided to stack me out which I'm not fond of at all. Next thing I know my Full-Timer walks down to me has the nerve to ask "why my area looked like this," when I wasn't the one that was even stacking. I told him "I'm doing the best I can." His reply to me was "that's not the answer I'm looking for" and goes to ask me the question again, and again. And I give him the same answer. The last thing I said to him before I shut down was "he's (my Part-Time Supervisor) the one stacking, me out not me." The last thing he said to my Part-Time Supervisor was "see, he's (me) disrespecting you and me." It's like he's trying to make my Part-Time Supervisor not like me when we've never had a problem. Sadly My Part-Time Supervisor just stood there and didn't say one word. This is when I called Corporate Complaint again.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not liking this place anymore :sad2: But I'm still staying strong. Sorry for the long opening post. I just needed to vent.
Holy crap that is quite the novel you just wrote

J92

I recommend you get things in writing and voice record anything that would sound like harassment towards you. Then, on top of everything you've been doing and the additional items listed in previous posts from other users on here, I would blackmail him so far to the point that if he ever steps up to you again, he knows it's over for him. Getting just corporate and your steward involved isn't enough. Push for legal action or at least bluff him so he or she gets the point. If that doesn't curb your appetite, join the dark force and know the people above him well enough to the point they will step up for you and get him off of your back.

RuthlessSupSlayer

File on that punk...then when he does it again file again and again. In the meantime just smile and say uh huh to everything even if he asks a question no words just uh huh and uh uh. Nothing else. Just file on him til the cows come home. Make sure you work extra safe no matter the task because you have to focus on safety since he causes you emotional distress and has become more of distraction than a help. And if he touches your package(s) file for article 3 section 7 even if it is 10 minutes...make a poi t and take a stand brother.

LeadBelly

Banned

Oh the pen too the paper and file a grievance, then bang them with an Osha call under your name for egress violations. They’ll STFU after this.