I'm tired of the harassment from my Full-Time Supervisor!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Cry me a river. Its not sad. Not at all. Everyone brings something of value to this site. Former employees, customers, disgruntled employees, etc. You in my honest opinion used to, and sometimes still do have relevant and valuable information. Sometimes you are just downright unlikable.

And i am sure i am the only one who thinks that way.

Some of us worked here half our lives. And anyone, including you can ignore or scroll on by, those who you believe have no worth of discussion.. but why dont you just stop being so judgemental, and be a nice guy like you used to be? It costs nothing to be kind.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Screw that coward and the horse he rode in on...load slower and safer and don't have any misloads. You cannot please management so don't even try....roll tide

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know, we know. I miss my coworkers, talk to most weekly. But i miss my brown cafe friends too, so i am staying. And i have blessings from the boss

rickyb

First off, I'm a Pre-Loader of 3 years, It'll be 4 this August. Also, I'm on the Safety Committee, I have NO attendance problem, I do my best, and I go home.

I've been dealing with harassment from a Full-Time Supervisor for quite some time. By quite some time, I mean the first experience was in 2015. I went to HR and complained about his disrespect, intimidation, hostility, and towards me. I wrote fact sheets of the experiences and verbal exchanges I had with him, and even wrote them (HR) a letter of my concern. I even went as far as calling Corporate complaint.

I'll admit I had a misload problem back then. But when your full time talks down to you on multiple occasions. Denies you an option day. Then screams at you to get off his dock when all your trying to do is give him a written paper for the option day that was owed to you, it's hard to focus mentally. It got to the point where when peak season was in effect, he put me out in the air docks so we wouldn't be around each other. In a nutshell, I now wear glasses, he got moved to a different box line, and I get a 2 week suspension for misloads.

Time goes by, and it's now August of 2016. We have a new system where we have scanners that all us Pre Loaders use to keep misloads down. And the misload problem for me was dang near non-existent. Not much longer (September) this same Full-Time Supervisor comes back to my box line and I start to worry again.

At first he was cool, but my spirit/vibe didn't sit right because it never felt genuine. And I was right. Now, since I'm not meeting his expectations for the PPH (peices per hour) which for him is 225, he's always getting on me. He calls me lazy, said that my other co-worker are saying the same about me, said I was a bad example for a Safety Committee Member, and threatened to fire me.

He's told me and I quote "I don't care if you don't like me. I am your boss. I don't care if you tell your mom, your dad, or write another letter to HR again." I'm back to square one again, I've complained to my shop steward, and I've complained to HR with fact sheets.

Prior to me calling Corporate complaint again, He was giving me the silent treatment since I went to HR. Last Monday, I come in at the usual 2:30 am, but I noticed that everybody was already working, I was over an hour late to work. I called in Friday since I wasn't feeling good. So I had to idea the start times changed, But he never called me to see if I was coming in or anything. Ironically I go to my area, and guess who's loading my area, my Full-Time Supervisor. I told him I was sorry for being late. He never acknowledged me, and just walks away.

A couple days ago, during wrap up, one of my Part-Time Supervisors decided to stack me out which I'm not fond of at all. Next thing I know my Full-Timer walks down to me has the nerve to ask "why my area looked like this," when I wasn't the one that was even stacking. I told him "I'm doing the best I can." His reply to me was "that's not the answer I'm looking for" and goes to ask me the question again, and again. And I give him the same answer. The last thing I said to him before I shut down was "he's (my Part-Time Supervisor) the one stacking, me out not me." The last thing he said to my Part-Time Supervisor was "see, he's (me) disrespecting you and me." It's like he's trying to make my Part-Time Supervisor not like me when we've never had a problem. Sadly My Part-Time Supervisor just stood there and didn't say one word. This is when I called Corporate Complaint again.

I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not liking this place anymore :sad2: But I'm still staying strong. Sorry for the long opening post. I just needed to vent.
the problem with capitalism is that it doesnt give workers democratic control over their workplace. so for example, if a supervisor pissed off a majority of workers, the workers could ideally get together to vote out the supervisor and elect a new supervisor.

corporate capitalism is terribly centralized like state communism. a few people give all of the orders to the majority of workers.

why are you working for UPS? your job sounds awful. i did a warehouse job for a few months and it was the worst job ive ever done.

in terms of no skill jobs i like driving jobs because you can sit down and you get music. driving jobs where you are confined to a route are even better.

if you have hands on ability, do a trade. go to school for something. or go to a open house at a technical institute if your not sure.

the economy is rough but you can definitely find something better than this.

rod

Retired 22 years
Until we are told, we meaning retired personnel, which i am one, rod is one, tonyexpress is also one.....until we are told to leave, by an owner of the site, we wont. I for one welcome retirees opinions. And will continue to enjoy, and post on this site. You may scroll on by, if you dont enjoy it. Have a great working day.

Upstate is just a bitter old man whos only enjoyment is trying to come off as a know it all. I'm sure by now he realizes the majority of BC and his UPS center is laughing AT him. I bet even his own daughter says "oh crap" when she hears he is coming for a visit.

Indecisi0n

Well good luck with that. Before you can file there, you must prove you have tried to stop the harrassment, through you Union, and any internal agencies, including the hr communications it seems you have done.

EEOC is another useless government agency, imho. They will not accept a complaint, unless you are over 40, a member of a minority.

Then you must prove that you are being harrassed because of one of those. If the ft person treats everyone like crap, then thats ok. boss is allowed to be a jerk, as long as he is a jerk to everyone.

@ trickpony, gives you better advice, but yes, you must first go through the union.
Just convert over to a Muslim religion then file discrimination lawsuit.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Upstate is just a bitter old man whos only enjoyment is trying to come off as a know it all. I'm sure by now he realizes the majority of BC and his UPS center is laughing AT him. I bet even his own daughter says "oh crap" when she hears he is coming for a visit.

As long as he respects the boundaries.........

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
UPS is like the Catholic church bad abusive sups get transferred. Hang tough, file a grievance if you have to, work according to methods, and repeat "I am doing the best I can" Trust me he will be gone and you will still be there. In my time a @ UPS I seen some really good guys and some real AH's. They seem to move in two year increments.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
UPS is like the Catholic church bad abusive sups get transferred. Hang tough, file a grievance if you have to, work according to methods, and repeat "I am doing the best I can" Trust me he will be gone and you will still be there. In my time a @ UPS I seen some really good guys and some real AH's. They seem to move in two year increments.
Not everywhere unfortunately. They leave some in the same places, because Siberia is too far.