I'm tired of the harassment from my Full-Time Supervisor!

Top Cat

the problem with capitalism is that it doesnt give workers democratic control over their workplace. so for example, if a supervisor :censored2: off a majority of workers, the workers could ideally get together to vote out the supervisor and elect a new supervisor.

corporate capitalism is terribly centralized like state communism. a few people give all of the orders to the majority of workers.

why are you working for UPS? your job sounds awful. i did a warehouse job for a few months and it was the worst job ive ever done.

in terms of no skill jobs i like driving jobs because you can sit down and you get music. driving jobs where you are confined to a route are even better.

if you have hands on ability, do a trade. go to school for something. or go to a open house at a technical institute if your not sure.

the economy is rough but you can definitely find something better than this.

@rickyb I work for UPS for a few reasons:

1. I love the physical aspect of the job, and I like working with my hands instead of being behind a desk.

2. The benefits are amazing and a blessing.

3. They pay for my schooling. I'm a profitable artist (photography), so to get my associates in arts will a giant step for me.

4. Though I've dealt with some unnecessary stuff here, it's helped me grow as a man.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

1. I love the physical aspect of the job, and I like working with my hands instead of being behind a desk.

3. They pay for my schooling. I'm a profitable artist (photography), so to get my associates in arts will a giant step for me.

4. Though I've dealt with some unnecessary stuff here, it's helped me grow as a man.
Hello Mr Photog.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Picking my battles. Besides, we're so understaffed that drivers wouldn't be leaving until 10am if the PT supervisors weren't working. We actually had one on a 3 car pull today. I like to think my pt supervisor team is reasonable, which they've been so far.
They'll probably just pay you but keep working. It's free money.

rickyb

i used to work at this one railway in a yard which was very switching intensive so it was very physical. i dreaded that job even though i lost 20 pounds in 6 months (im already skinny) probably because it was so physical, i didnt have arch supports, and there was no music, and i was exposed to the elements; it wasnt a nicer mix like UPS.

anyways one of hte jobs i currently do is just like the one i recommended to you and i listen to french audio tapes 7 hours a shift and i love it even though i dont make alot of money. at my non fuel trucking job, i work to rule the whole shift which means driving 10 km/hr or 20 km/hr. nobody has any hustle in their walk where i work. i missed out on a camp fuel truck job because i had a stress fracture on my foot. i dont like fuel trucking because the refinery's rules are inhumane, and it sucks being exposed to the elements while pumping fuel. only reason i was interested in it because its camp and i wanted to support the US economy and spend money there which creates jobs during the weeks that i dont work.

after i do camp for 5 years, i want to settle down and do radiography.

btw i think employers who provide health insurance coverage inhibits an individuals freedom to choose between employers when they might be concerned about what kind of health care coverage they will recieve...as opposed to a healthcare for all regardless of employment system.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
QUOTE="toonertoo, post: 2760226, member: 1944"]Not everywhere unfortunately. They leave some in the same places, because Siberia is too far.[/QUOTE]
And sometimes they comeback !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If someone thinks.... the advice of a retiree is not applicable, or valuable ?

Please don't stand near me.

-Bug-

Never said the advice of a retiree is not valuable.

What I said was retirees, especially those who have been away for several years or more, should refrain from posting in the operations' threads, as they will be unaware of the changes that have taken place since they left.

dudebro

What I said was retirees, especially those who have been away for several years or more, should refrain from posting in the operations' threads, as they will be unaware of the changes that have taken place since they left.

Yes and no. If the retiree in question is talking about some esoteric point about a DIAD 5, you're right.

As for dealing with management, those things are universal. The clowns might change, but the circus is more or less the same.

clean hairy

Some appreciate input from retirees.
If retirees posting here bothers you so much, you can always use the ignore feature so you do not have to waste time with the retirees posting......

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

In addition to reading about changes in operations here, I actually have opportunities to talk to drivers and management from my old building.

I am very aware of changes.