In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Ahhh, the Mercedes, 5 cylinder diesel Sprinter...

DVIR: Side rolling door won't stay shut.

Shop: Checked door, ok for service.

DVIR: Side door opens when it feels like it.

Shop: Checked door. Ok for service.

DVIR: Side door opened today. Handcart somersaulted into following vehicle.

Two weeks later...

Shop: Vehicle PMI. Okay for service.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ahhh, the Mercedes, 5 cylinder diesel Sprinter...

DVIR: Side rolling door won't stay shut.

Shop: Checked door, ok for service.

DVIR: Side door opens when it feels like it.

Shop: Checked door. Ok for service.

DVIR: Side door opened today. Handcart somersaulted into following vehicle.

Two weeks later...

Shop: Vehicle PMI. Okay for service.
It is almost like they are " instructed" not to red tag.

SCV good to go sir.

Either my computer is off or that is the wrong shade of brown. Too Techie's avatar pic is the right shade
I saw one of those in the shop today at my center but the light was a lot dimmer so it actually looked like Pullman Brown. Your computer isn't off though, no way it should be that tint of brown even in daylight.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Look what just got delivered...I hope that's for an air driver cuz it's got enough room for like 2 pieces of pottery barn, a handtruck and an envelope.

3539md5.jpg
Funny because I was going to bump the thread from last month, which was dealing with the new Sprinters. I saw these come in on flatbeds yesterday, too. :)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The less they can fit in the truck the less I can deliver.
You should have figured out by now that the number of stops you are dispatched with has absolutely nothing to do with how many stops it is physically possible for you to deliver or how many packages it is physically possible to cram into your car. They will find a way to make them fit...by brute force if necessary...or they will shuttle the rest out to you. The PDS cares about 2 things; hitting the required Stops Per Car number, and getting the packages out of the building. Whether or not they actually get delivered is someone else's problem.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You should have figured out by now that the number of stops you are dispatched with has absolutely nothing to do with how many stops it is physically possible for you to deliver or how many packages it is physically possible to cram into your car. They will find a way to make them fit...by brute force if necessary...or they will shuttle the rest out to you. The PDS cares about 2 things; hitting the required Stops Per Car number, and getting the packages out of the building. Whether or not they actually get delivered is someone else's problem.
Until you opt into the 9.5 list ;)

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Until you opt into the 9.5 list ;)
Even then it doesn't matter. The PDS's job is to hit Stops Per Car and get the packages out of the building. Period. He doesn't care if you go over 9.5 and its not his problem if you work 14 hours and bring 20 missed stops back. If he is told to put X number of stops in the car then he will put X number of stops in the car. Cleaning up the mess is someone else's problem.