In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Even then it doesn't matter. The PDS's job is to hit Stops Per Car and get the packages out of the building. Period. He doesn't care if you go over 9.5 and its not his problem if you work 14 hours and bring 20 missed stops back. If he is told to put X number of stops in the car then he will put X number of stops in the car. Cleaning up the mess is someone else's problem.
This is exactly what an on-car said to me a while back. By the way, "he" could be "she" also.

upschuck

Even then it doesn't matter. The PDS's job is to hit Stops Per Car and get the packages out of the building. Period. He doesn't care if you go over 9.5 and its not his problem if you work 14 hours and bring 20 missed stops back. If he is told to put X number of stops in the car then he will put X number of stops in the car. Cleaning up the mess is someone else's problem.
In general, that is the biggest problem with UPS. Management can not work together for the good of the company.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is exactly what an on-car said to me a while back. By the way, "he" could be "she" also.

I am aware of that, and in most of my posts I try to remember to refer to both genders. The English language simply lacks a gender-neutral pronoun, so "he" has by convention become the default generic term that gets used.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I am aware of that, and in most of my posts I try to remember to refer to both genders. The English language simply lacks a gender-neutral pronoun, so "he" has by convention become the default generic term that gets used.
We need as a people to agree to make "they" a grammatically correct gender neutral term