In Laws

bbsam

Staff member
Years ago we made a deal in my immediate family that we wouldn't buy each other gifts for xmas/birthdays etc and it's really been a relief for everyone. Now on those days we just get together eat some good food and hang out.
We are getting to that point but my wife still buys me something small and I get her nothing. It's a little awkward but I really simply don't care about presents. My friends insist that I'm highly socially abnormal and I just shrug my shoulders. Maybe they're right, but I just don't get it.

upschuck

We are getting to that point but my wife still buys me something small and I get her nothing. It's a little awkward but I really simply don't care about presents. My friends insist that I'm highly socially abnormal and I just shrug my shoulders. Maybe they're right, but I just don't get it.
Does she cry a bit?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

That sucks! Glad you're not my husband. Lol.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife and I quit buying for each other years ago. It works for us. Now we spend our money on what we really need (or want) rather than on something worthless that was purchased because you "had to". Mostly our money goes for trips to see the Grandkids (and toys for me). P.S. It was her idea that I get a new pickup truck a few years ago and it was also at her insistence that I buy a new Harley (I had said it was too much). She just bought herself a new Ford Escape so she gets her share of toys.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Almost any smart phone can be used as a remote.
I thought that was true until yesterday. I installed the app on my mother-in-law's new iPhone 6 plus. The app didn't offer the functionality I had on my phone, but I couldn't figure out why...then I googled it and sure enough...I confirmed again that Apple sucks. Even the new iPhone 6 and 6 plus don't have IR blasters like most android devices do. Just another reason to buy a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 instead of an iPhone.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
No comment about the inlaws because I'm totally public here and anything I post may be used against me.
:backingout:

I will comment to @TooTechie about the Samsung Note 4. Great device. Tony and I each have one.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No comment about the inlaws because I'm totally public here and anything I post may be used against me.
:backingout:

I will comment to @TooTechie about the Samsung Note 4. Great device. Tony and I each have one.
Agreed, I've owned many smartphones (starting with the XV6700 almost a decade ago which surprisingly can do most of the things the iphone can do now)
verizon_xv6700.jpg
but the Note 4 blows them all away. The beautiful huge screen has resulted in my tablet collecting dust for the last 2 months. The photos and videos it takes are so incredibly clear, sharp and bright. I stream Sirius over the internet on the Note 4 all day long while driving the big brown truck and surf the web on lunch and after 12 hours the battery is still at 60!!!!! Best purchase I've ever made.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Get drunk
Stay drunk
My in-laws are completely and totally dysfunctional but as long as the bat-scchit-crazy sister-in-law isn't present they can sweep everything under the rug and it can be enjoyable. If she is there, after a few drinks you're likely to hear chants of Jerry, Jerry Jerry somewhere in the area as all hell breaks loose.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Wait til that Note 5 comes out, going to blow the doors off any phone you've seen to date lol. Yeah I know already, no need to say it, but for real its going to be badasczz, holding out like a mofoe on that phone lol.