In state license needed?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by FastLane18, May 16, 2011.

  1. FastLane18

    FastLane18 New Member

    Hi everyone, first time posting... I just got hired as a seasonal tractor trailer driver and will most likely be leaving at the end of the season like many of the other seasonal drivers do. Anyways I currently hold a valid CDL in the state that i'll be working in, but need to transfer the CDL to another state before the season ends for other issues. I definitely want to work for UPS, but know that I need to also worry about getting a job after the season ends. Will UPS still let me drive for them? Do I need to let them know I even transferred the CDL?

    Thanks in advance for any helpful information
  2. Anonymous 10

    Anonymous 10 Guest

    What are the other issues??
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    If he wanted help with the "other issues" he would have asked for it. He asked for help on his license only. The "other issues" are none of your concern.
  4. raceanoncr

    raceanoncr Well-Known Member

    So THERE!!! Now go to bed without your supper!!!
  5. bluehdmc

    bluehdmc Well-Known Member

    You're supposed to have a license in the state you reside in, and only possess one license. That's part of the CDL program. I work in North Jersey, we have feeder drivers that reside in NJ, NY, and PA, these drivers have licenses for their states of residence, I'm sure they had to produce those licenses when they were hired.