In the end, who wins??? And at what cost?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'll just come back as someone else....Maybe I be @UnionStrong #2 or @UpstateNYUPSer(Ret) #4
IMG_4253.gif

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
UPS delivers over 6 billion packages per year. They typically raise their rates 4-6% per year.

That would be an extra $6-$7B per year or $1.5-$1.75B per quarter.

That covers the $5 immediate raise for the first year.

Really? Where are you getting 1.5 billion in profit from?

The US segment of UPS that is unionized only made 63.9 billion last year. far less than the 100 billion o Brian is trying to claim.
With a
6% price increase
10% avg. net profit margins

63.9 billion x (06% X .10) = 383.4 million

Will get you far less than a billion on a 6% increase. Last year operating cost were
$87.244B spread across all business units.
Fix expense and the teamsters would never have to strike again.

The US segment of UPS that is unionized only made 63.9 billion last year. far less than the 100 billion o Brian is trying to claim.
With a
6% price increase

Will get you far less than a billion on a 6% increase. Last year operating cost were
Hopefully this contract gets settled because when it gets done there's a whole lot of management is going to be gone

Pullman Brown

With a
6% price increase

Are people who run UPS ever greedy?

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Hopefully this contract gets settled because when it gets done there's a whole lot of management is going to be gone
You can think that if you want. But it will likely impact union members as several departments have already gone through a restructure. However, union positions have grown due to covid. So with a strike will likely cause layoffs.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You can think that if you want. But it will likely impact union members as several departments have already gone through a restructure. However, union positions have grown due to covid. So with a strike will likely cause layoffs.

I foresee a lot of OT, DT and weekends in some of you all’s future.
Not if we get the language on forced sixth days.

anonymous23456

Management doesn't have Union to protect them. There have been layoff and buyout in the past. I'm talking about the rank-and-file management; not C-suit. Management class by its own nature must stand on its own two feet and walk to retirement, unemployment, or jobs at other companies. It doesn't have "Union" to protect it like you guys. You make it sounds like the company going to let the Union runs its business by laying off a lot of management?

Management doesn't have Union to protect them. There have been layoff and buyout in the past. I'm talking about the rank-and-file management; not C-suit. Management class by its own nature must stand on its own two feet and walk to retirement, unemployment, or jobs at other companies. It doesn't have "Union" to protect it like you guys. You make it sounds like the company going to let the Union runs its business by laying off a lot of management?
Laying off management has nothing to do with the Union
The company will want to bring the bottom line back up and get rid of some of the Dead weight

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Are people who run UPS ever greedy?
Corporate can be greedy, but this is not a fairly tale where it’s good vs. evil. The teamsters union is a greedy organization too, hints why every “demand” must be met.
Odd how those demands do not protect its members from a harmful work place, But instead secures and creates revenue it gains from membership dues.

Funny how zero of t

cynz

Our CEO got paid 27 million in 2021 and 32 million in 2022. Easy math problem pay her less that's 59 million in two years. We don't even know how much the lower executives get. If the company can afford that pay for one employee, I really don't want to hear how the company can't afford paying us a fair wage.
We worked are asses off during the pandemic, while everyone else were home. I had to have a paper saying I was on my to work in case I got pulled over, showing I was an essential worker. Management received a bonus, we didn't.

anonymous23456

Our CEO got paid 27 million in 2021 and 32 million in 2022. Easy math problem pay her less that's 59 million in two years. We don't even know how much the lower executives get. If the company can afford that pay for one employee, I really don't want to hear how the company can't afford paying us a fair wage.
We worked are asses off during the pandemic, while everyone else were home. I had to have a paper saying I was on my to work in case I got pulled over, showing I was an essential worker. Management received a bonus, we didn't.
I have no problems for hardworking guys like you getting Covid bonus and raise. I don't know the question of how much is reasonable.