In the event of hyperinflation, are we frozen for years until a new contract?

JL 0513

COLA raises would kick in.

So do we, or do we not get COLA increases? Apparently, there's no stipulation in the contract. People are saying different things.

Pretty scary if the dollar collapses and we barely see an increase until 2018.

Just this week, China significantly devalued their currency and will continue to manipulate their currency. This is already having an effect. Although we are the ones that are causing our own demise. It's not if, but when. Some are predicting a major event this very year. Not me necessarily, but who knows. When it comes, 2008 will look like sunshine and lollipops. And when the monetary system collapses, so does the civil society. It will be worse than the Ferguson riots everywhere, out of plain desperation.

So do we, or do we not get COLA increases? Apparently, there's no stipulation in the contract. People are saying different things.

Just this week, China significantly devalued their currency and will continue to manipulate their currency. This is already having an effect. Although we are the ones that are causing our own demise. It's not if, but when. Some are predicting a major event this very year. Not me necessarily, but who knows. When it comes, 2008 will look like sunshine and lollipops. And when the monetary system collapses, so does the civil society. It will be worse than the Ferguson riots everywhere, out of plain desperation.
Bottom line,spend less than you make. Save a little. And if you are that worried but durable goods.

upschuck

Article 33 NMA

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Better stock up on tin foil.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Too bad this wasn't part of any debates. The minute you try to do something about spending, you are "starving children", or "killing grandma" to any Democrat. There can be zero cuts in spending in their eyes. Country club Republicans types spend like mad too and are just as much to blame.

Packmule

Our contract will be the least of our concerns when this happens. That's why I vote only for conservatives that are committed to cutting the deficit. And those are few and far between.

JL 0513

Better stock up on tin foil.

This is a very disturbing response to the most serious problem this country has ever faced. If you think we are immune to economic fundamentals, then keep dreaming. Do you really think that $100's of trillions worth in unfunded liabilities isn't a bit of a problem? In 8 short years, we have added more to the federal debt than the previous 232 years combined. And it's going to really begin compounding with the baby boom retirement phase. In just 10 years, we'll be looking at $30+ trillion in debt.

Was your world filled with unicorns in 2008 right before half of your 401k evaporated? You were laughing if anyone suggested any economic problems might be on the horizon. Well, even that was nothing mainly because the government artificially threw trillions at the problem and masked some deep problems. What happens when there's no more band-aids to use?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

if you are listening to ron paul and peter Schiff ..............don't. they are selling a book.

I follow Paul Krugman for economic news. he is usually right on.

JL 0513

And panicking about it will make everything okay? I got ya

Who said anything about panicking? I just try to enjoy life and would like to keep enjoying life which is why an awareness of what is potentially coming is important. The problem with a majority of this country is the uninformed which is why government is doing what it's doing. They are spending your children and grandchildren's future away and most people don't seem to care. Quality of life is going to become horrible for so many. We just take what we have for granted even though no other culture in history has enjoyed what we enjoy now.

JL 0513

if you are listening to ron paul and peter Schiff ..............don't. they are selling a book.

I follow Paul Krugman for economic news. he is usually right on.

I don't listen to what any one particular person says. I analyze the writing on the wall myself. It really is just simple arithmetic (that happens to be measured in trillions).

O

OLDMAN3

The bubble will burst, and this country will fall, I am not worried. Keep your eyes and heart on the things that last...forever.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
best thing to do is use your common sense. pay down debt. stock up on basics and keep a lot of cash around for emergencies. if the dollar completely crashes like the currency did in argentina keep things to barter like water, ramen, cig lighters , toilet paper, batteries, candles, and things people will need in a disaster.