Inarticulable Customer Complaints

PPH_over_9000

I bid the route with the poorest people they’re so friendly (usually drunk/high) , those yuppie culdasac high end fashion cali yuppies @542thruNthru people are nothing but trouble. They don’t even want you walking in their grass 🤦‍♂️

There's actually a lot to be said about that.

The dude that comes from around back smokin' a blunt is always suspect at first and then the friendliest guy alive when he realizes you don't care and just need a signature real quick.

Block parties aren't fun to drive through/deal with but :censored2: if I didn't eat well that one day I ran into one of those. It was a quincenera but this family had the whole street just locked down, man, it was wild.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My customers love me

Women love me
Men want to be me

😎
oie_animation.gif

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
too many runners throwing the box down and running out the door …talk to the customers , this was the old way to build the business. I have some hot milfs that order UPS specifically to see me.

Feed their dogs and she’ll suck your hog 😎
🧔‍♂️✊

TarAndFeathers

Methodically disorganized
Just kind of fishing here. I'm going to try to be vague, but if anyone wants more clarification I'd be happy to message them.

I've recently found myself the recipient of several complaints in short order. Every complaint the customer calls and says that I made them uncomfortable. I've been in the office once before on account of a PVD where it turned into solely a my-word-versus-her-word situation-- with nothing else to consider-- and management took hers over mine. As a result I had to sign a few policy forms.

Recently I was pulled into the office again. Two complaints the day before. I wasn't surprised, as I had two weird interactions that I phoned in on-route.

"What'd I do?" I asked shortly into the meeting.

'I don't know,' the supervisor said. Yet he had already met and spoken with both customers after I called him about strange customer interactions.

"What did I say?"

Dead eyes, he hit me with "I don't know" again.

I sat for a moment. I thought carefully, and after a few seconds asked "Is there any way we can articulate the problem? Can you tell me what about my actions, my behavior, my words led to this?"

Dead eyes again. "No," he said.

There was a lot of back-and-forth after this and a little bit of preamble, but it's the gist of it. The meat and bones. So, long story short, tl;dr, whatver, I've got a suspension I need to grieve in the morning. Anybody here have any advice for me, or experience with this kind of thing? I don't understand how I can be disciplined for the way a customer feels when that customer can't articulate why they felt that way.
Beware of customers still uptight about Covid and social distancing, if the customer(s) are female (assuming you are a guy) definitely take your distance into consideration and avoid small talk that could branch off into a direction where it could somehow be flipped back on you.

Examples including: making compliments, being a gentleman or making any kind of offers, or anything like that, sadly it has to be that way, society and the people are different from back in the days.

The only thing you can do in this case is grieve the issue, and then, from this moment going forward, follow the methods of communication; attract attention, get the signature, ask for a name, and move on, if you wish to talk, talk while you are making the delivery and in the process of it, don't get into the habit of standing around talking (otherwise you may be targeted for stealing time), after the deliver is made. Then, move on to the next.

Cover your A**, stay off the radar and work by the methods, and don't give anyone any ammunition to use against you. And realize that as much as we would like to know our customers, sometimes you just have to be a ghost because it only takes one bull$#!t complaint to put you in the crosshairs.

Hope this helps.

PPH_over_9000

Beware of customers still uptight about Covid and social distancing, if the customer(s) are female (assuming you are a guy) definitely take your distance into consideration and avoid small talk that could branch off into a direction where it could somehow be flipped back on you.

Examples including: making compliments, being a gentleman or making any kind of offers, or anything like that, sadly it has to be that way, society and the people are different from back in the days.

The only thing you can do in this case is grieve the issue, and then, from this moment going forward, follow the methods of communication; attract attention, get the signature, ask for a name, and move on, if you wish to talk, talk while you are making the delivery and in the process of it, don't get into the habit of standing around talking (otherwise you may be targeted for stealing time), after the deliver is made. Then, move on to the next.

Cover your A**, stay off the radar and work by the methods, and don't give anyone any ammunition to use against you. And realize that as much as we would like to know our customers, sometimes you just have to be a ghost because it only takes one bull$#!t complaint to put you in the crosshairs.

Hope this helps.
Helps a lot, great advice.

Thankfully it's nothing sexual going on. It's always an old dude in the woods. One guy literally blocked the truck and tried to tell me to be more pleasant a while back before he called in.

Things get weird, and it's almost always after random dogs are ambushing the truck. One or two exceptions, but normally people hate when you're not excited to see their dog and they need to secure it before they get their package.

And, I mean... yeah... a dog or two may have run off after an encounter or two. But that's still not my fault.

EDIT: And I'm not a dick to every dog! My thing is just that I need to get the package car turned around before I run out and play with your wolf pack, and the harder the dogs make it the slower and louder I'll be with the package car. Some people get pissed off about it, I think, but most understand what I'm doing-- especially the ones that actually let me talk with them once we finally make contact.

TarAndFeathers

Helps a lot, great advice.

Thankfully it's nothing sexual going on. It's always an old dude in the woods. One guy literally blocked the truck and tried to tell me to be more pleasant a while back before he called in.

Things get weird, and it's almost always after random dogs are ambushing the truck. One or two exceptions, but normally people hate when you're not excited to see their dog and they need to secure it before they get their package.

And, I mean... yeah... a dog or two may have run off after an encounter or two. But that's still not my fault.
Dog owners often like to think they and their dog is the center of the universe. Don't gamble with dogs, sometimes it's not a bad idea to ask if the customer can come to your truck to receive the package, or at least secure the dog. But yeah, some country folks are crazy.

PPH_over_9000

Dog owners often like to think they and their dog is the center of the universe. Don't gamble with dogs, sometimes it's not a bad idea to ask if the customer can come to your truck to receive the package, or at least secure the dog. But yeah, some country folks are crazy.
Yeah, dude, that's exactly what I do, but only if the dogs actually worry me.

9 times out of 10, though, I'm just as excited to play with the big dogs as they are to ambush the truck. I just need to do what I need to do first and then it's a wrap, I'm playing with a pair of big ass irish setters or an old ass cane corso that just wants a hug. The second they hit me with that little single foot stamp and the stare, though, doors shut and I'm tappin' the horn for the custy to come get his wife's package.

:censored2: them little dogs, though. hit you with that white lightning, just fly up out of nowhere all teeth but no heart.

TarAndFeathers

9 times out of 10, though, I'm just as excited to play with the big dogs as they are to ambush the truck. I just need to do what I need to do first and then it's a wrap, I'm playing with a pair of big ass irish setters or an old ass cane corso that just wants a hug. The second they hit me with that little single foot stamp and the stare, though, doors shut and I'm tappin' the horn for the custy to come get his wife's package.

:censored2: them little dogs, though. hit you with that white lightning, just fly up out of nowhere all teeth but no heart.
The biggest issue I have is dog owners letting their big German Shepard's and Pitbulls run loose in the yard and expect me to make a delivery, and when I make a request or do something else then me being concerned about my safety

A little ankle biter will hurt you, but can be managed.

A Pitbull or German Shepard? Has the potential to kill you if it bites you and rips you in the right areas, especially being in the country where a hospital could be half an hour away or more.

I don't gamble with any dogs, I am not afraid to DR package at a gate or yard if a dog is a threat, or if I need a signature and I can't get access to the door, I will honk loudly, and attract attention, call the number on the box, and wait a minute or two, and if I still don't get an answer, I am gone.

I would rather sheet a package as 'missed' than get bitten and mauled up just to try and make a delivery so the customer can get drunk and wasted that evening.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
DUDE! I had the same situation with a Wal-Mart shipping and receiving employee.

Beast of a woman, not physically but she was just cutthroat, man, no filter and no sense of eitquette.

She called me a friggin ret.ard the first time we encountered each other.

3 years later and now when I cover that route the both of us sit there and shoot the :censored2: for a few minutes as I unload the delivery and load the pick-up pieces. She's awesome, just an older lady with no time for anybody's bull:censored2:. Our issue was that I was bring packages to the back that were meant for the pharmacy and the regular driver knew that, but there was nothing on the shipping address designating a different delivery location.

I'm 100% able to salvage deteriorating relationships, but if the other party isn't receptive or willing and just want to express their displeasure every time they see me.... well :censored2:, man, that doesn't feel like my problem.
Lean this phrase. "Im not resposible for interdepartmental mail."

If a label does not specifally say pharmacy then it goes to one spot. Period. This will either train them to label their deliveries properly, or train them to recieve in one location.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
But you need to demand 8 hours.
Atually this is patently false, as our joint council just won at panel. It does not state in the languge that you must ask for your 8hrs, if youve finished in under 8. They can not change it to 05. So grieve, grieve, grieve.

Last edited: