Incompetent full time supervisors?

BalsacJohn

I've browsed the forums for a couple years now, but never actually made an account.
Anyway, after being a PT in a hub for almost five years, I've never came close to quitting until this last year. My full time supervisor is completely incompetent, and it's starting to really wear down me and my coworkers. She'll move people around haphazardly, not giving any thought to what'll happen towards the end of the night, and speaking as a pick off who has had more competent full time supervisors, I've grown tired of coming down after five to six hours and having to handle five to six carts of irregs every night.
It's never been so horrible to me. For example, my old full timer was running my area a few weeks ago when my full timer was on vacation, and I handled about seven irregs all week. The day she came back, she sent three people home from the area and moved two people from my dock. We started at 2PM (on a Monday) and I clocked out at 10:47PM, when that previous week I clocked out at 9:55PM on the same day, with an almost identical belt volume. I don't hate getting the hours, and I'm not scared of work. But, if I'm gonna be sweeping iron for an hour after picking off for most the day, then I'd rather just use my seniority and pick off all day, as I prefer handling irregs to picking off.

Tl;dr, is there any real way to handle an incompetent FT supervisor?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Work as directed. If they’re doing something outside the contract, grieve it. If they’re running an unsafe operation, call OSHA. Otherwise, it’s their operation to :censored3: up. Get thicker skin.

Indecisi0n

I've browsed the forums for a couple years now, but never actually made an account.
Anyway, after being a PT in a hub for almost five years, I've never came close to quitting until this last year. My full time supervisor is completely incompetent, and it's starting to really wear down me and my coworkers. She'll move people around haphazardly, not giving any thought to what'll happen towards the end of the night, and speaking as a pick off who has had more competent full time supervisors, I've grown tired of coming down after five to six hours and having to handle five to six carts of irregs every night.
It's never been so horrible to me. For example, my old full timer was running my area a few weeks ago when my full timer was on vacation, and I handled about seven irregs all week. The day she came back, she sent three people home from the area and moved two people from my dock. We started at 2PM (on a Monday) and I clocked out at 10:47PM, when that previous week I clocked out at 9:55PM on the same day, with an almost identical belt volume. I don't hate getting the hours, and I'm not scared of work. But, if I'm gonna be sweeping iron for an hour after picking off for most the day, then I'd rather just use my seniority and pick off all day, as I prefer handling irregs to picking off.

Best way to handle these sups is to do exactly what they tell you . Nothing more , nothing less .

Wait for the fireworks .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

You know it’s funny I would say a good 75-80% of the absolute nightmare sups I hear about are women.

It’s like they’re all on power trips x1000

BalsacJohn

I've honestly been saying a lot of what you guys have been saying for the last four+ years. "Just stick it out man, benefits and opportunities to move up and tuition assistance, etc." But, it's just gotten to a point where it's damned near unbearable. It's not even that she's a woman, because we have plenty of competent female supervisors. She's just... particularly moronic. After watching the area go to :censored2: over the last year, I'm burnt out. I really used to enjoy my job, but she's starting to make me lose faith in sticking around. I've tried switching to Night Sort a few times and each time I was actually a relatively high seniority for a lot of the sign up lists (if it gives you any idea how quickly people quit) and never got talked to about switching sorts. I'm hoping they switch her out, because they switch the full timers pretty often here but I've been on my last legs with this chick. If nothing else, some guys from HR me to go into full time driving just about every few months even before I was 21, but I'm not sure I'm making a career out of UPS. I'm at a point with my financial and home life I can get back to school, so this place doesn't have to be my career, but I've honestly really enjoyed the company and my coworkers the last few years until this current situation.

BalsacJohn

you haven’t worked here long enough to complain..
I definitely think the same but seeing guys with 5-10 years of seniority either quit or go back into driving after she became our full timer, it might not be as simple as that anymore haha. Still, been dealing with her :censored2: this long so I'm probably just gonna suck it up in the meantime.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

best thing is work by the methods and slow down so you don't wear yourself out. time will probably take care of her. she'll be promoted to hub manager most likely.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I definitely think the same but seeing guys with 5-10 years of seniority either quit or go back into driving after she became our full timer, it might not be as simple as that anymore haha. Still, been dealing with her :censored2: this long so I'm probably just gonna suck it up in the meantime.

Turn the volume up on your headphones and ignore her

I became management for a corporate career. I make more than a lot of my drivers and have more of a life. But I'll keep drinking this tea
RSkaRsmZmeh3O.gif

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
I became management for a corporate career. I make more than a lot of my drivers and have more of a life. But I'll keep drinking this tea

And you may retire in the exact same position as you are in now. I have seen some sups never advance beyond FT sup on the automotive side, we have some in my district with 25 plus years no promotion. Maybe the chances for advancement is better for the on cars?

What'dyabringmetoday???

And you may retire in the exact same position as you are in now. I have seen some sups never advance beyond FT sup on the automotive side, we have some in my district with 25 plus years no promotion. Maybe the chances for advancement is better for the on cars?
You don't suppose there is a possibility that this person is only a "sup" here in the-land-of-make-believe?