Ineligible to receive retro pay?

Goku

Just curious, because the last few UPS articles have said "Retroactive pay will be sent to eligible employees" and I just wondering what they mean by this since it isn't clarified. Is anyone actually ineligible to receive backpay?

upschuck

Just curious, because the last few UPS articles have said "Retroactive pay will be sent to eligible employees" and I just wondering what they mean by this since it isn't clarified. Is anyone actually ineligible to receive backpay?
Yes. Anyone who has not work under the new contract, which started April 29, 2019, will not receive retroactive pay, because they have not worked under the contract that gave the pay increase. No pay increase, no retro pay. What is your employment situation at ups?

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
Yes. Anyone who has not work under the new contract, which started April 29, 2019, will not receive retroactive pay, because they have not worked under the contract that gave the pay increase. No pay increase, no retro pay. What is your employment situation at ups?

What about someone who was a part-time union employee, but went into supervision. Will they get retro pay?

upschuck

What about someone who was a part-time union employee, but went into supervision. Will they get retro pay?
Since they haven't worked under the contract, it is totally up to the goodness of ups's little heart, if they will get it or not. With all the cost cutting, I wouldn't bet on it.

Is that what happened to you?

SweatPit

i won't bite
Yeah there are people who not get retro pay. Say you decided to go full-time in building at say 15 years. (22.3) You are at $2X hr. This is your 2nd year of progression. You will not receive any retro-pay due to being red-dotted at your current rate of pay.

Mo19072

Actually the contract was in effect on 08/01/18. Anyone who worked since that date

upschuck

Actually the contract was in effect on 08/01/18. Anyone who worked since that date
Are you going to grieve for penalty pay then, since they haven't paid you correctly for 9 months or so? If it was in effect, you should win that hands down. Any grievances on new language before Monday? Haven't seen any 22.4 jobs.

Contract went into effect Apr 29th. Pay is only thing that goes back to Aug 1.