Inferior Drive Tires Almost Killed Feeder Driver

QKRSTKR

Sorry, I didn't know how to flip it on my phone. But u get the idea. These tires sucks no escape channel. Yes,tractor only during a rainstorm would certainly suck.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
update: driver is sore but OK.

he did have the cruise on which is a no-no in wet weather. that half second difference ( between on and off when he lost control ) really made the difference.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Lets all thank god this gentlemen is ok and recovering, we don't need anymore of our fellow coworkers pass away. Like I say all the time like a broken record, nothing but mad respect for the feeder guys doing that job.

MaceFremonti

Driver whose tractor had these on just the right side wrote them up to be replaced........

Next day on DVIR......

"Checked rear tires OK to run."

LOL

Sent using BrownCafe App

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
In the mechanic's defense, often new tires are not immediately available without calling out the service truck, which requires approval. Perhaps some are forthcoming.:peaceful:

MaceFremonti

That may be true but most people who only have rudimentary automotive/vehicular knowledge realize that having two completely different tires both tread and size wise on the same vehicle is not a good idea.

My buddy refused to take the tractor out this morning, red tagged it, and wrote up the tires. Dispatch gave him my tractor.....:eek:

Oh how I have missed bouncing down the road in an old International.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In the mechanic's defense, often new tires are not immediately available without calling out the service truck, which requires approval. Perhaps some are forthcoming.:peaceful:
We are lucky in my building, there is a fenced-off "bullpen" full of new and used tires for our mechanics to select from in order to have comparable tread on both sides. I am fine with having used, mismatched rubber in the summer; come November, they will pull whatever I have off the car and replace it with new mud/snow tires which I need for my miuntain route.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have maybe 30 tires of various shapes and sizes on hand, but new tires are usually 2 weeks away. I have to fax in a requisition form and then wait for the office to submit it to our supplier to fill it. Given the "middle man" is there, sometimes I get duplicate orders at the same time, last order repeated instead of the current one, or not at all. Sometimes it's a real crapshoot. We say "Ordering parts is like a box of chocolates....."

oldngray

nowhere special
Back when package cars used the same tires the shop would raid them for good tires to put on tractors and stick the crappy tires on the package car.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
New shoes..

AgyI5qv.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I have maybe 30 tires of various shapes and sizes on hand, but new tires are usually 2 weeks away. I have to fax in a requisition form and then wait for the office to submit it to our supplier to fill it. Given the "middle man" is there, sometimes I get duplicate orders at the same time, last order repeated instead of the current one, or not at all. Sometimes it's a real crapshoot. We say "Ordering parts is like a box of chocolates....."

Hey mechanics are like drivers. There are plenty of jack-a-ninnies. Everybody bitches about the punks, most rarely speak of the good guys. The fact you are in this forum representin' for the mechanics speaks well of you. Most smart drivers understand UPS management pulls their BS over you fellers just like they do us. I've bitched about drive tires before, and the wrench boys tell me they're not allowed to change them until they're nearly bald. That's OK, I didn't blame the guys telling me that. I did threaten to file a grievance that my equipment was putting me in peril, and notifying the DOT. BAM, got new drive tires.

Anywho, keep up the good work BROWNWRENCH, and maybe a air freshener during those PMI's.