Injured drivers asked to work the Pre-load

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
From what I understand, work comp is up to rhe business as far as light duty is concerned. That is, a driver is not allowed to choose between TAW and "no lift" work. Is that correct?
UPS can send a member of management to talk with the treating MD to inform them of TAW options. It is up to the injured employee and his MD whether it's in the best interest of all involved to accept this program.
Once on TAW, it's up to the injured employee to make sure he/she doesn't violate the work restrictions.
I was on TAW for 2 1/2 weeks last December with a restriction of NO left-handed work. UPS had me come in and just sit in the DIAD room for 10+ hours per day.
Once they got my MRI report an knew I would need surgery & become a lost time injury, they "fired" me from TAW and sent me home to collect worker's compensation

EasyTrucker

TAW here is all kind of wacky shifts. Usually really early, or really late morning start times to keep you off balance.
Article 14 Section 2 of the National Master Agreement: Employees shall be provided their guaranteed hours with a start time no more than (2) two hours earlier or (2) two hours later than their normal start time for the duration of TAW