insipidtoasts thread of questions

oldngray

nowhere special
antigravity.gif

I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm genuinely curious how UPS expects to be able to sustain itself over the next couple decades.

Here are the factors I see that makes it look like UPS is a losing company over the long-term:

1) Cheaper to ship with USPS.

2) International competition: DHL, Fedex, USPS

3) Pays employees a lot more than competition and easily has better benefits. Other companies save more by paying their employees less money and benefits. UPS is the only company I'm aware of that someone without a college degree can make close to $80k per year and get great benefits for driving. No one comes close.

4) Amazon is starting to handle their own shipments, even using uber-style ICs with their personal vehicles to deliver in on-demand block increments of time (this will hurt everyone: Fedex, USPS, UPS).

5) General anti-union mentality in 21st century USA.

T

Turdferguson

I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm genuinely curious how UPS expects to be able to sustain itself over the next couple decades.

Here are the factors I see that makes it look like UPS is a losing company over the long-term:

1) Cheaper to ship with USPS.

2) International competition: DHL, Fedex, USPS

3) Pays employees a lot more than competition and easily has better benefits. Other companies save more by paying their employees less money and benefits. UPS is the only company I'm aware of that someone without a college degree can make close to $80k per year and get great benefits for driving. No one comes close.

4) Amazon is starting to handle their own shipments, even using uber-style ICs with their personal vehicles to deliver in on-demand block increments of time (this will hurt everyone: Fedex, USPS, UPS).

5) General anti-union mentality in 21st century USA.

What is this fith or sixth thread you've started today?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm moving soon, and want to apply for a package handler job at UPS. Now is the time to apply, and the tour/interview is on Tuesday. I haven't setup residency where I plan to move yet, so I don't have a driver license for that state. Would they hire someone from Out of State?
you aint even hafta speaka ta english.